Chapter 23

It was one of those days when no matter what I do I cannot stay intact in my seat. My mother called me today, sure is tomorrow was Karwa chaut, the occasion when married women keep fast for the long life of their better half.

It was not in our tradition, but I always wanted to do so. I would love to do that. I have seen my other friend's mother doing this and I always wanted to do this for my husband. But I will need some things for this one. And where can I get it?

"Miss Westbrook, do you know the answer of this?" The professor asked. Oh no, not now. I don't want to be embarrassed, but I think I cannot get out of this one. Me and my wondrous mind always lands me in trouble. I don't know the answer and I am going to get in trouble over it. "I think it will be Penicillin?"

It was more of a question than an answer but that is what in my mind, so I took the chance as the bell rang. I shied in relaxation.

"Great save you have there Ani, the professor would have insulted you if the bell hadn't rang on time. By the way what are you so excited about?" Matt asked who shares the class with me. Soon, we are joined by others.

"nothing, just wanted to know if there is a store which can sell Indian things" I said. Noel looked at weirdly. "Is there something wrong with our things?" Suzy asked. "No, tomorrow is Karwa chaut,, a festival for married women in India, we keep fasting for entire day, and our husbands makes us drink water after the moon comes out in the sky."

"And why that is done?" Kendra asked. "to pray for longer life of our husband" I said. "Oh, Mr. Westbrook is one lucky fellow then" Noel said. "Don't worry Noel, your wife will too love you very much" Jamie said.

"I had this idea there is a Indian community where I live, and they were telling me about this, how about we all attend it together there?" I looked at them "That seems to be a very good idea." I said. "Great then, it is done we will attend it together and I will pick you up" I nodded as Noel decided to drop me off to home again.

The whole ride was silent. Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID it was from Mr. Westbrook. "Hello" I said as I picked up the call. "Hello to you too Mrs. Westbrook" He said. I wonder why there is this formality suddenly.

"I assume you have left the college already?" he asked. "Yes, I am right now heading towards home" I said. "With your friend Noel I think" I didn't said anything, it was hard to say whether he was angry or plainly jealous. "Why?" I asked. "nothing I was just waiting for you to come back at home, I thought I cook for us, some dinner and spend some quality time together" say what?

"O..ok I am on my way" I said timidly. "Sure then see you soon Angel" With that the line went dead. What was he thinking about now? Why he wants to spend some time with me? Did he not have any work? "He is calling you home right?" Noel asked.

"Yes, he is at home, which is really confusing because for him his business means everything, and I am surprised that he is at home." I said. Noel nodded and drove towards Mr. Westbrook's humble abode.

Once I reached I bid good bye to my friend and was ready to face Mr. High and Mighty wrath. I walked inside the castle, or in my case Mansion. He was waiting for me. No wait he was cooking for me. In an apron that said Kiss the chef. Really? Is he for real now? He was humming too. What happened to Mr. Westbrook all of a sudden. I felt his eyes scanning me.

"You are home Angel" He said. "Yes, I am home" I said not looking into his eyes directly. I felt him pulling my cheek gently. "I missed you by my side today in office. So I decided to come home and wait for my kid wife" He said.

Kid wife? Is he serious? I am eighteen. Soon turning nineteen. I am not a kid anymore. I am anywhere in this world can classify as an adult. Oh maybe not in his eyes though. "You look beautiful." He said and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.