Chapter 31

I saw Noel waiting for me. He was still in the car. I looked back to see no one had followed me. Who will follow me after all, I am no one's concern. 

I sat at the passenger seat and I looked at Noel. "So, what did your dear Mr. Westbrook said?" Noel asked. "Nothing, he said absolutely nothing" I told him. He looked at me again and then he drove off. I don't know where.

Then the car stopped and he was in front of the café. The same one which he had taken me once before. I looked at him. And he smiled.

 "Thought you would like some comfort food right now so, I just brought you to our special place" I was shocked how can he easily rad my thoughts, no one can do that, no one not even Mr. Westbrook.

"How?" I asked. "Because I understand every word you say and the one that you left unsaid, I can read them in your eyes" He said softly. "You know Anika, after many years I have found someone as special as you are. You are one of a kind. One in million, once in a lifetime girl. And I refuse to be left out of this opportunity to have you in my life." He moved his hand towards me and slowly tucked a stay piece of hair behind my ear.

Then he pulled back. "I know you Ani, my confused one, I know what you want to say before you say it. I know for some reason you are hurt and the reason is that good for nothing Westbrook, he made you cry. And I cannot see you cry." I smiled at him. 

It is foolish, don't you think you should be getting a girl? You need someone in your life Noel." I told him As we ordered. He picked his milkshake and said "I already have someone I care about Ani, and I am happy now making her happy" He handed me some greasy fries.

After breakfast which I don't know how he knew I didn't have he took me to our designated destination. I don't know why I feel so down today. Noel and I walked towards the mall where all our friends are waiting. "You alright now?" he asked and I nodded.

 I hugged everyone and then they looked behind me. "We thought your husband is coming too" Sue asked. "Yes, he was but I don't think he will be coming here anymore. Let's just get something to wear." I said. Noel squeezed my hand and I nodded at him.

We walked through the stores looking for cloths, but nothing caught my eye. Then I looked at a shop. I saw beautiful dresses there, but it can never ever be mine. I don't think they are suitable for me. Noel looked at me.

 "You know what Jamie I think we should check out that shop." Noel said pointing to the shop I was looking at. "Noel no" I protested.

He took me inside and I looked at the dresses. They were beautiful. "Choose anything you like" Noel said. And I nodded. I looked at the dresses. They are beautiful. I caught one, a soft pastel blue shade. It was knee length and had frills at the bottom. 

It was sleeveless and a little flared. Then another silver dress caught my eyes. Something straight from fairy tale. It was a mermaid style dress. And had a sweetheart neckline. The sequins lined the upper part. The bottom was sea of fine tissue. It was beautiful.

"Madam, that dress is our exclusive one, this is just one in all the USA, and today it is on special display. Do you want to try it?" The shop attendant asked. I took the dress and tried it. It was beautiful. It fits me perfectly. I look beautiful. 

I took it off and looked at the price. No way I can buy this. It is too expensive. It will cost me my entire salary of five months. And Noel, he will be so disappointed to see the disappointed look on my face. I will choose the pastel dress for the party.

I took it to the attendant. And she asked if I liked it. I nodded. "So, are you taking this mam?" She asked. "It will ensure all the eyes are on you for the night" "I don't want to be the center of the attention.