Chapter 27

I looked at face of my best friend. So far we have enjoyed our day together. But something is amiss. I miss my husband. I remember what he did today and I cannot help but feel shivers run down my spine.

What if Arijit haven't came, would he have gone far with it? "You are awfully quite. I think you should go and visit him. Resolve your issues." Arijit suggested.

"But you came all the way to here just to meet me" I told him. "Yes, and I can do it again but right now I think you should be with Mr. Westbrook, because Anika I know is always happy but today you are frowning awfully much. And not to mention even and now you are checking your phone. I think you should go and find him." I nodded,

How can Mr. Westbrook be jealous of this person? He is practically a goof ball. "And I am taking part in a race, once I know the dates I will tell you. Maybe you and Mr. Westbrook can come and cheer for me?" I nodded. "Will do" He pulled me into a hug and placed a soft kiss on my forehead like he always do.

I always felt protected in his arms. He is something very much familiar to me. "I will call you later?" I asked as we reached the office building I currently used to work in. "Sure" He said as I walked inside.

No one stopped me. They knew me because I work in the building. I walked to the elevator and towards the top floor. I know Evan will be in his office. Because he is a workaholic.

I walked towards his glass cabin and knocked at the door. But there was no answer, where is he. Technically I was his assistant but not full time. I tried the door and found it unlocked. I entered quietly locking it behind me.

"Mr. Westbrook?" I called but there was no answer. "Mr. Westbrook?" I called again. "Evan" I said. I don't see him anywhere. Where could he be?

I jumped at the sound of the door closing. The whole cabin was doused in light. "Annika what are you doing here?" I turned around to come to face to face with Evander Westbrook. "Oh nothing sir, unless you forgot I work here" I told him.

He looked defeated and tired. I wonder if he is feeling alright. I walked up to him and before he can think what I was doing I Hugged him tightly. He stiffen in my hold but didn't attempted to pull out of it. I touched his forehead slowly to find it little warmer than usual.

"Sir, I think you should rest." I told him. "In here you are my PA and only my PA, you do not have a say in what I can or cannot do." He told me. I wasn't taken aback by his words. Nor I was offended. Because I know he was just trying to protect himself.

"Sure, when I told you I was not Sir." I said slowly moving my hand over his face. He have a light stubble that felt wonderful beneath my hand. "You haven't shaven" I told him. "And?" He asked probably irritated or maybe amused. "It feels nice" I said. "Does it now?" I nodded.

He took my arms off him and I felt a little bit disappointed. He moved towards the door and I heard a click. He locked the door, but why he will lock the door? He came towards me and slowly kissed my neck. I shivered as his hands reached hem of my dress.

What is he trying to do? "S...Sir" I shuttered. "You are my assistant right?" I nodded. "I need you to assist me right now" He slowly pulled the Zipper on my dress and pulled it off my body. He slowly pushed me into his chair and kissed me again. Then he slowly decent down and his light stubble digging into my flesh.

"Do you like it now?" He asked. "Y...Yes" I managed to say. "I want to have you right here right now angel. You don't know how much I have to remain in self control around you. I don't want to hurt you, I know if I take you here and now I will end up hurting you."