Chapter 42

"Evan stop pacing around it is just a race for god's sake" He looked into my eyes his grey-green eyes twinkling with love. Evan moved out of the house and into his penthouse. Since then I have been on watch twenty four seven.

I missed that space he had given me to create my own pet project. "I now that look, I know you want to go back, and we will just after I know how the hell Naveen is out, I made sure his entire generation rots in there" He said looking at me.

"I miss our bed, it was comfy" He pulled me close "I thought you slept on me the entire time and found it comfy Love." I blushed. Someone cleared their throat from behind. "So, ready to taste the dust Westbrook?" The man asked. Evan smiled.

"I know she can easily leave you in dust, but I don't want to exaggerate that. You will see once we all are on" Evan said holding me by my shoulder. After his admission of his undying love for me, I saw how afraid he was to lose me. And hence he don't want me in the race he coached me himself for. But I beg to differ.

"Evan She is a Kid" The man said. "And your point is? Afraid that you would be beaten by a kid?" I asked. "You don't know how brutal these things are Kid, by the way where did you found her?" Evan smiled at me softly "She had found me and decided to keep me for her, Lance I want you to meet my wife Anika Evander Roy Westbrook." Lance took my hand and kissed on top of it. And that was certainly not liked by my hulk of a husband.

"What if I own?" I asked Evan as he was adjusting my gloves and checked my bike himself. "I will do one thing you want to." He said. "Ok, you will let me go to Miami with my friends unsupervised by you, I am your wife and you make me feel like a kid." I said.

"Because you are a Kid. And I love you so much." He kissed my nose. Someone cleared their throat from behind me. It was my father. "Papa, you decided to come" I said. "I did, I wanted to see you beat those boys as always" He said.

Evan raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Champion bicycle racer when she was thirteen, gold medallist for her school" My father said. Evan smiled and leaned in closer saying "That explains the stamina" I blushed pushing him away softly. Noel and others decided to join my team. Arijit was racing too how did he got in? my father of course, he said he liked what he can do.

"Ready to eat the dust Ani?" Arijit asked. "I will save you a plate" I said as the engine came to life. I saw the lights go green. And the flag thrown down. So far, I am the only female racer in the grid. And I don't know why is that. I looked at Evan and he raised his thumb. Thumbs up that help.

The race was on, I remembered everything he had told me. Everything he had taught me. I know I have to win to keep his reputation intact so no one had can say he had put his money on the wrong person plus I have to give a good first impression and a good first ride to my newest love.

"Are we a go?" I asked with a specialized built in microphone in my helmate. "We are a go, play nice with the others Love." I heard Evan's voice and that made me chuckle.

"You couldn't resist could you Love?" he asked as I ended the first lap. "No, I cannot, I had a great teacher, but right now he is just a distraction." I said he laughed,

"It is your turn to come in love don't make me haul you on my shoulder." He said. I laughed. He had to get that image inside my head don't he. "My bike is perfectly capable of finishing this race without changing anything." I said.

"Come in" He ordered. I cannot just defy him can I? he is the boss. I stopped at the spot while everyone inspect the bike. "Go" he said. I drove again. But this time a black bike was following me. Trailing me. There are few laps left and even when he did have opportunity to rush past me, he kept on boxing me.