Chapter 41

"I trusted you with my daughter" I heard shouting. I opened my eyes and pain shot up my abdomen. I looked there was stitches there. I saw My friends sitting there Noel had his head in his hand, Kendra was rubbing his back.

Jamie was looking at her monotonously. Sue and Matt were no better. I don't know why it feels like someone died in here.

"N...Noel" My voice cracked and he looked up. "Ani" relief flooded in his features and all of them looked at me. "Oh Ani, we thought we lost you." His voice dropped low.

"I thought I lost you. I cannot imagine what Evan had been going through now." He said. I looked at the door. I saw his frame crouched over and someone yelling at him.

"Noel p...please" he nodded. And he said something. Evander was up in a minute and literally ran inside falling down on my feet. "E...Evan" I called softly.

"I am sorry, I am sorry... I should have taken care of you. I should have. I have lost you, I have lost you...almost... almost just like... just like" he started to hyperventilate. I sat up ignoring the pain and held him as sobs reeked his body.

"Evan, love don't cry" I said softly. He grey-green eyes looked red rimmed, bloodshot like he have not slept for days. "I am sorry Angel, I couldn't protect you. Your father is right I am responsible for your security. I should have been more careful. I should have been..." He said. "Deep breaths Love, deep breaths. Some one please call the doctor. Someone" I shouted.

I felt the doctor holding Evan and pushing something in his vein. "Get him into bed" The doctor said. "Can I sit by him?" I asked. "Absolutely..." I glared at the doctor. "Ok, but if you get tired I suggest you rest" I nodded. I looked at him, he looked frailer.

I softly stroked his hairs. "What happened to him?" I heard Noel asked. "Anxiety attack. Something must have triggered it and it is very bad." The doctor said. "I know." I kissed his forehead softly.

My father came in. "Anika, thank god you are alright." He hugged me and I hissed. "Sorry beta, I was worried when Evan called me I ran literally to the airport. I was so afraid." I smiled at him softly. "I know papa you were afraid. I am sorry, that I frightened you" I said.

He left me and looked at Evan who begin to stair. "You shouldn't be here at the first place. I was a fool who let you get into this situation be with a man who cannot respect you a little." He looked at Evan.

"Papa please don't say anything about Evan, he is a good person at heart. I know, in this four months I have seen many faces of him. I have seen him at his highest and his lowest. And I know he loves me. And I love him. I love him papa, so much. I cannot bear to have a thought in my mind that takes me away from him. I cannot." I said.

"But look how much it had hurt you, trying to be what he likes you to be, trying to live his way. When in reality you should be living your way, trying to be what you love to." He said.

"he is right you know baby Angel, I am not good enough to have you in my life" I don't know why men in my life always disappoints me. I looked at Evan who was looking at me with his brilliant silver-green eyes. "And how you both decided what is best for me? When I know exactly what is best for me?" I asked.

"Angel..." "Not a word Evan, you don't get to say you are not good enough for me, not after you have branded your name in my soul. You don't know what you mean to me do you?" I asked.

He looked at my face tilting my chin so that he can look into my eyes. "I don't know what I mean to you baby angel, but you mean world to me. I am in love with you and I cannot imagine living a second of my life without you." He said softly enough to me to hear.