Chapter 11

I woke up on a empty bed and empty home. There is no sign he had been inside yet. I decided to check in his room. But it was not beet touched yet.

There was no sign that he had returned back home. I shied as I walked back to my room. The housekeeper only comes thrice a week so today is her day off. And I am suppose to go to his office.

I have no idea what to wear. I looked through my luggage to find something appropriate to wear. I find long black skirt and I paired it with a white blouse and pulled over the coat over all of them. I put my hair in a neat bun and took my bag and my keys. It was almost eight so I decided to go to his office and check.

I took a cab towards his office building. Once I reached I paid the cab driver his fair. I walked towards the building entering inside. The receptionist stopped me. "Who do you want to meet mam?" She asked.

She doesn't know me? Wow I guess my dear husband does not want to reveal about his secret life to anyone. "I am here to meet Mr. Westbrook" I said. Her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked. "Well no because he is..." She cut me off. "Look Mam, we get many girls in here claiming to be his girlfriend, but nonetheless we are strictly to warn them off and escort them out of the building.

Mr. Westbrook is a very busy and wealthy man and he have lots of work to do. Also, he does not want to be disturbed by some wannabe who claims to be his girlfriend." She returned back to her desk.

"uhhhmmm..." I cleared my throat. "I am not his girlfriend. I am Anika Roy, his business Partner's Mr. Roy's daughter. And I am here to discuss about the company" I stated firmly. She raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"I am from India" I said emphasizing on the name. "Look why don't you check it with his secretary, I bet she knows about me" I insisted.

"Look Lady I don't want to be sound rude but this can cost me my job." She said. "it will not I assure you. I need to see him urgently." She dialed numbers and then talked in hush tone enough to send another wave of confusion through my body.

She put down the receiver and said "I apologize madam for my behaviour. Apparently, Mr. Westbrook do know you and had requested your presence for the board meeting commencing in nearly ten minutes."

I nodded. "Take the elevator for twentieth floor and you can find the conference room easily. It is second on the left." I politely thanked her and she looked surprised. What? Don't people thank each other these days? I rode the elevator thinking what I can say to my dear husband who certainly left me in middle of nowhere. Also, he didn't bothered to call me.

I knocked at the door before entering. When there was no reply came from other side I decided to enter. Inside I found nearly empty meeting room with only him sitting on the head of the table. He looked dishevelled and he looked like he is in dire need of sleep. His head snapped up and he looked at me.

Then he looked at my outfit from head to toe. "Good morning sir" I said softly. "Good morning Anika, do you mind fetching me some coffee?" He asked. "Sure sir" I said. I have no idea where the break room is. "Turn right when you walk out you will find the break room" he said.

I prepared a coffee for him. And took it carefully in his meeting room. I have no idea what am I doing here. I don't know why I agreed to come here. Maybe just some corner of me was worried about him? Who knows maybe it is just wifely affections? Or maybe it is just pure sense of my duty towards him.

"Here do you need anything else sir?" I asked him. He looked at me again from head to toe. He then stopped and took the coffee from table. "Sit down Anika" He said softly enough for me to hear. I sat down as far away from him as possible. It made him frown.