Chapter 8

When I woke up I was in whole new environment. I don't know where I am. It was night. I walked out of the room and started to explore the house.

I heard some noises coming from the ahead. I walked towards the noise. It was a huge sitting area finished with s huge sofa set, fire place and a huge plasma screen TV.

The television was on and there was no one in sight. The cold floor sent shiver down my body. I tried to preserve some warmth. Then I saw him carrying something in his hand and then he stopped and looked at me.

"Slept well?" He asked. I nodded unable to form any words. He was just wearing his sweats. And he is literally looking like a Greek god. Am I really his wife?

"Again you are drooling" He said. "I am not I am just cold" He shied. "I thought it would be a little cold for you since it is November, it is tend to be colder in New York City." He said. "You should wear something warmer and these" he sat down and tried to touch my feet. "Don't" I said horrified.

"So are you ticklish Angel?" He asked inching closer to my feet. "No, just don't. it is not customary for a husband to touch their wife's feet." He frowned again. Have I said something wrong? "You are my wife and I have a right to touch every part you have including your feet." I moved back again.

"Anika, why are you trying to run away?" He asked. "I am not, our customs and religion does not permit a husband to touch their wife's feet. I am not your equal Mr. Westbrook. I am meant to serve you." He smirked at that.

"If I intended that I could have made you my slave, but you are not. You are my wife. My other half my equal, and now you have a ring to prove that" He said pointing to my ring finger.

He made me sat down on the sofa and placed the socks on my feet followed by fuzzy bunny slippers. "Why have you chose those? It could have been anything but bunnies. It makes me look like a child." I protested.

"But you are a child even when you are married to me. I am ten years older than you. And compared to me you look tiny"

That is an insult. "I am not tiny I am five four." I said. He chuckled. "Compared to my six two you are tiny. I wonder how can I ever fit you with me in that huge king size bed I have. You will just not be visible" Did he just... no way.

"You don't have to. I am not sleeping with you or beside you ever." I said. "Well alright than I was about to call one of my regulars. Don't intervene then"

I hate him. Who do he thinks he is. That son of a ... "Don't hold your breath angel you are going to be bursting in flames from inside you are looking red like a fire truck." I turned around to look at him. He was still smirking. "Are you blushing?" He asked. "No? why should I will be blushing?" His smirk widen and he said " Then you must be angry"

I walked out of the sitting area and into an unknown hallway. Jeez how big is this place? I came across a more unkempt corridor. The dust was sitting on all the things there. It was like no one was been here for years. I wonder why.

"Anika" I heard his voice call. No way you are going to find me and no way you are going to catch me Mr. Westbrook. I walked inside a random door and found it lit with candles. Why is it lit with candles?

I saw painting supplies and empty canvases, and a single painting which is lit by candles. It looks like an alter or something, A place forgotten in time. "What are you doing here" I almost jumped at his voice. He seem angry. I wonder why. "I...I..." He pushed me against the wall. "Control your wondrous feet and don't ever try to come back here. I nodded.

He let me go. "Come on it is getting late." He said pulling me with him. I didn't dare to ask him what is so important about the room. I cannot because he have a murderous expression on his face. An expression that says, don't you dare defy me. And frankly I don't want to be on his bad side.