Chapter 37

I saw his flight leave. He is going far away from here, leaving me alone here. I am going to miss him. I have spent best Christmas that can be and he even sent gifts for my folks back home. "You are missing him?" Noel asked as we headed towards parking lot. Noel decided to come and see him off. "Is it that obvious?" I asked.

He nodded. "He told me he won't be gone for long." I said. "Yes he won't because he is afraid someone will take you away from him." I laughed. "It is not true" I told him. "Oh yeah? Shall I mention a possible number of suitors for you Milady?" Noel asked in his British accent. I laughed along with him.

As we reached his car I saw there was slashed tires, and red paint spread over the hood. It was like someone spread blood. Noel looked at me and I at him wondering who the hell can do this. "I am going to call the guards assigned for your protection and no I am not hearing anything in this case" Noel said putting the note inside his pocket.

I wonder what had written on that note that made him take such precautions. He called someone and in minutes there were armed guards and a black sleek SUV came to halt in front of us. Noel talked to the driver who in turn said something about the car. Did they know something I don't?

Once we are inside our house Noel dialled someone's number "Who are you calling?" I asked. "Evander Westbrook, he told me to call me if anything suspicious happened." He told me. "But isn't he is in a flight?" I asked. "Yes, and this a secure line so I can call him over this" He said. He called and then he talked. Don't I get to talk to my husband?

Noel cam back with his phone still in his hand. "He wants to talk" Noel said. I took the phone from his hands. "Hello" "Angel. You are alright right?" He asked. "No one had done anything to me, it was the tires that was slashed not me, so I am fine." I said.

"Can you turn on the laptop in your room? I want to see you" He said. "Sure, give me a minute" I gave the phone back to Noel and walked back to my room and turned on the laptop.

He was on the facetime. I wonder when he set this one up. "when you set this one up?" I asked. "I told you before I am getting addicted to you baby, I cant stay away more than necessary, so I did set this up so, I can see you whenever I like to. Now let me see for myself" He said. He looked at me from head to toe. "I don't see any scratches" I shied. "I told you some one slashed the car not me, not a scratch see" I said.

"Baby I am thousands of miles away from you, knowing that someone tried to harm you, knowing that I wasn't there to protect you, it hurts me so much, more than you can ever know. I don't want to feel this much helpless again. I already lost so much from my life, I cannot lose you too" he said. I smiled softly at him.

"No one is taking me away this easily." I said. "But I just want to be sure. Now listen very carefully. Beside our bed in the master bedroom there is a small angel statue. If you twist its wings, it will open a small set of staircase. When you go down you will reach to a basement, a safe room as if so if comes the time, use it, only I have the code to unlock it from outside."

"A safe room seriously?" I asked. "Need to keep my most precious treasure safe angel. You cannot blame me for trying. Now it have everything we need for months long survival. Also, it have a Armory, you can use the guns if it comes to that. And yes, I have one Licensed gun inside my study locker, the code for which you will found in this laptop. Use it if it comes to that. Got that?" he asked. I nodded. "I think you should know that I don't go well with firearms." I said, I hate guns, I don't ever liked violence.

"I don't want you to associate with it, I just want to have something to protect yourself with" He said. I felt a little dizzy. All these information are getting to me finally making my head swoon. "You sure you are alright?" He asked. "I am fine, just a little too much to take in. I mean my husband whom I thought just cold hearted brute, owns an armory, turns out he is not just regular cold hearted brute, he is a war lord too" I said. He laughed, "Too much Netflix baby angel?" he asked.