Chapter 20

We were right now crossing ganga on a boat, it was fast and cheap and not to mention best scenic way to travel Calcutta. You can see many things.

"Smile" I smiled and Arijit clicked my pictures. "You are glowing Ani, did that husband of yours did something to you?" He asked. "No, he didn't, I just decided to be happy that's all. And anyways, I deserved to be happy." He nodded.

Whole day we spent traveling around the city and buying gifts for my friends. "Hey look at that, come on let's eat" I said pulling him towards the panipuri stall.

"You still are a lover aren't you Ani?" he asked. "Oh, there is nothing in the whole world that can become my first love like this one." I said and we started to eat.

Day after tomorrow I am going back. The trip was cut short when dad said he will go with me and see the construction for himself. He will returning same day by the night flight.

"You look sad that you are going back." Arijit commented as we started our journey back home. He was driving me back to my home on his bike.

I missed this all those five years. I will not lie, he and I are not just best buddies, he was someone who had been always here for me. I cannot ask for a best friend as good as him and no one can ever take his place. I just have one regret though, if he was there on the day of my marriage, or if he was here in general maybe this thing didn't happen. "Hey don't be sad now I am going to be there for you, I promise" He said.

"I know you will be there for me." I said mumbling softly. He parked in front of my house and we both walked inside. My mother was waiting for me and let me tell you she was not happy. "Where have you been and where is your phone?" She asked me angrily.

"I left my phone in home, I didn't wanted any unwanted calls to disturb my reunion with my friend." I said.

"And what about your husband, have you wondered how is he? Or have he reached safely or even why he didn't stayed and left just in few hours?" I looked away from her eyes. I don't want to know, like he don't want to know.

Like his business is his first priority. My life is first priority for me. And nothing can ever take that away now. I did lived my life as my parents told me to. But now, I am not going to do anything they want to.

"This is because you had left with him, this guy instead of your husband you chose to spend you time with someone else. This is what I taught you? Is this what your morals and values teaches you? To be with another man? To leave your husband and travel all around the city like a bastard child..." She didn't even completed the sentence when my brother stopped her.

"Enough, no will say anything to my sister. All her life you are dictating how she should live when you should be asking how she wanted to live, what she wanted to do, who she wanted to marry. If you didn't made her do everything you think is right" He said.

I never ever had seen my brother this much angry, he is always calm and collected. But right now, I cannot understand what made him stand up to my mother and defend me like this. "Go and rest" Vaishali said.

I looked at my friend and he nodded. I hope he didn't take the heat of my actions. I walked inside my room and I don't know why I started to cry. Guess, it had been days since my family made me remember how worthless I am. And this is not the first time I heard all these things.

I saw my phone and it had many miss calls, from my mother, from my sisters even some from my brothers. And some text from them. But I didn't saw any text or calls from him. Why should he will call me? I am no one in his life.

He did made it clear first day of our marriage but like him I am not heartless. I still wonder why he had married me, maybe I was just a trophy. I am just a trophy for him. But I refuse to be so for him.