Fourty-one: A Heated Conversation

Regulus POV
    "Who is she and what the hell is she doing here?!" Mother bellowed. I could tell she wasn't happy to have an uninvited guest pass out in Sirius' room.

"She is a pureblood witch that was in need of a place to stay mother." *SMACK* "Don't back talk me with such attitude" looking down I grimly responded. " Yes mother."

     She was still sleeping in Sirius' bed, or his old bed. He hadn't come back since... the incident. It was 2 years ago when it happened.

2 YEARS AGO

I was in my room with Sirius and we we're playing Gobbstones. When we heard father yell from downstairs, he was asking for Sirius. So Sirius told me to stay put. I did as told and he went into fathers study. I was worried for Sirius to say the least. So I creapt down the stairs and peaked into the study....
" Where is it son." I heard our fathers deep raspy voice. " If you hand it over now we won't punish you," he motioned to the other people in the room " but if you don't. Well it would be a shame for us to have to that.." He went up to Sirius and made him look up. He urged him to tell him where "it" was, and when he said he didn't know father pointed his wand toward him and yelled " CRUCIO!!!" Sirius screamed and cried. Father stopped and asked again. Sirius said through tears "Father please listen I don't know I don't know please please don't no please." Father did it again except this time another person did it as well. This continued with more and more people joining. When everyone had done their part they left. So I ran in to help Sirius
as he sobbed in my arms.

Remus' POV
(Back to present)
"HURRY UP YOU- YOU- USELESS CRUSTY QUILLS!" I was in a rush. I knew where she was. I could see her e/c eyes, her soft s/c skin, and her gorgeous h/c hair. My pace quickened thinking of her. " Did you hear that James! I think our friend ship is ruined! I just can't handle the pain of being called a- a CRUSTY QUILL!" Sirius called out, fake tears in his eyes. "Oh fuck off Sirius."

    We sat on the curb when all of a sudden a purple bus pulled in front of us. We walked in as what seemed like a homeless man greeted us. " Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stanley Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening." He let us on and asked where we were headed. We told him grimmauld park and he told the driver, a young man with glasses named "Ernie", where to go. Suddenly a shrunken head with a heavy Jamaican accent said " Yeah! Take it away, Ernie! It's going to be a bumpy ride!"

"Um guys we're here." Peter squeaked. I looked at Sirius' face and saw his eyes glaze over as you could see his whole body shut down, any emotion was gone from his face. James came behind him with an encouraging "we're here for you dude." And then we reluctantly walked into the depressing chunk of wood they call a house.

"Who did you invite over this time!" I heard Mrs Black yell. "No one mother!" I heard Regulus from the upstairs. She looked at us then focused on Sirius. You could see her jaw tighten and her shoulders tense. "First you couldn't keep up with family tradition now you can't keep up with your friends, ha you're a disgrace to everyone around you."

Y/n POV
"First you couldn't keep up with family tradition now you can't keep up with your friends, ha you're a disgrace to everyone around you." I could here Sirius' mother from downstairs and I had no doubt that my friends we here to take me home. I slowly and silently make my way down the stairs as I listen to the conversation. "I'm more than you'll ever be." Sirius replied with confidence. "Take that back" "No" he replied calmly.

At this point I was at the bottom of the stairs and I just see Sirius' mother about to strike him. I subconsciously grabbed my wand and screamed "IMOBULUS!" She froze on sight and Sirius kicked her to the floor. The boys looked at me with amazement but then I was enveloped in a ginormous bear hug. I hug Remus back as I feel James, Peter, and Sirius join in. I felt another pair of arms awkwardly come around my back. I immediately new whose they were and I nodded towards the guys to give me a minute and they did. I turned and looked at Regulus, I leaned forward and enveloped him in a hug. " Thank you for taking care of me." If I wasn't mistaken I could have sworn I saw a look of pride on his face.
He responded "Really it's no trouble, besides you slept most of the time." I smiled and made sure he would be okay until his mother gained consciousness. He said he would be fine so I gave a small nod, turned around, and walked out without a second glance.

    Once we got to James' house I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, and then Mrs. Potter welcomed me with open arms asking where I was, if I was okay, etc. She fed us a nice hot dinner that consisted of turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, and rolls. Once we were finished we went up to James' room. We talked for hours, making up for the time we had lost. Peter was the first to go, then James, then finally Remus. Sirius and I sat in a comfortable silence for a while. I looked over at Sirius who seemed to be looking at Remus. I realized the look on his face was one of longing. I brushed it off thinking it was nothing but it kept nagging at me for the rest of the night. I decided to call it a night so I told Sirius goodnight and went to my room.

Word count (1041)

A/N
Thanks for reading so sorry this took so long! I will try to update more frequently ok love y'all thanks for reading!!!
                   -Elliot_Lupin