Thirty Nine: Owls

James POV

The Christmas holidays started off with a bang. The Marauders came around almost every day, we discussed pranks for the oncoming terms, girls, annoying people and basically just hung out.
Two of the pranks we were planning on doing where:

The first one was the Slytherin robe swap (which we had been planning since the previous term), we were going to swap the Slytherin robes with muggle prom dresses. We had finally sorted everything out for this to run smoothly and everyone (other than Pete) knew how to execute this plan to a tee.

The second was what I liked to call: The Gobbledegook confusion, so on the last day of classes for the year, we are planning to charm all of the teachers to only be able to speak in Gobbledegook. Which I can only expect to be the funniest thing that will happen all year.

----------
"So... guys, what girls do you fancy?" Sirius spoke through the darkness one night when all of us decided to have a 'sleepover'.

"Li-" I started

"Lily, yes we know prongs," the three of them said in unison.

"Pete?" 

"Hmm, I th-think it's still A-Andromeda, but I-I'm still traumatized from th-that time Y/N m-made me compliment h-her to go into the b-bathroom" Peter stuttered wringing his hands.

"Remmy?"

"Don't call me that, James," he responded gruffly.

"Someone's feeling wolfish-ly annoyed" I chuckled "But who is it? Who do you fancy? Wait... I think I know,"

"If you know, shut the hell up,"

"Maybe if I shout it a little louder they will be able to hear me from the other room," I smirked.

"Don't you fucking dare, James!"

"Oh Y/N!" Shouted Sirius at the top of his lungs.

"Not you too Sirius! SHUT UP!"

The door burst open to reveal the sleepy face of Y/N.

"You called?" She yawned, rubbing her eyes, Sirius got up to his feet and rushed towards her.

"Y/N, Remus likes..." He yelled before getting tackled by Remus.

"Huh? What were you saying?"

"Nothing! He was going to say NOTHING!" Remus slammed the door shut right in her face and turned his attention back onto Sirius "How could you Sirius?! You're a fucking idiot" 

"Looks like someone's in need of a nap," Sirius retaliated.

"Looks like your depriving some household of their IDIOT!" (tbh if you get this reference I LOVE YOU SO DAMB MUCH!) Remus screeched before leaping on top of Sirius and hitting/punching him repeatedly.

Pulling him away from Sirius who did have a few bruises, I blurted out "Enough, enough wolf wolf!" 

----------
A few moments later Sirius spoke once again, "You wanna know who I fancy?"

"Who?" I asked, at this point Peter and Remus had both fallen asleep

"You shall never know because you will tell him... Her, because you will tell her, and I don't want that to happen. So ye shall not know,"

"Stop, stop, stop. Did you just say HIM?" I whisper yelled.

"Could you say it any louder?" Rubbing his face in anger that he let it slip.

"Look I could care less if you like guys, girl or both. For god's sake, Remus is a werewolf why would it make any difference if you weren't straight?"

"Fair point,"

"So... who is he?"

"All I'm saying is he is in Gryffindor, but it will never work. As far as I'm concerned he likes girls,"

"WAAAAAAAA????????? Imma find who he is, Star Boi!" 

----------

Pretty much after that night, there were no bomb cells dropped or any so-called 'drama' within the Marauders, however, Y/N did slip into some... unpredictable (and predictable at the same time) moments where she fled the house. I suspect she went into the woods nearby my house but there's no way in telling she did actually go there. She may have even gone into town.
Now, two days later, after she ran away, she still hasn't come back. I can tell Remus is the most worried of all of us, all I can do is keep telling him she's fine and that is true, if she is lost in the woods, she is the deadliest thing that lurks in there. 

That's the worst thing about trying to keep one of your best friend's secrets from your best friends, all you want to do is let it slip. You know they will understand and be accepting, but it's not yours to tell you can't rip something away from them and it's their choice who they tell or not. Same goes for Sirius, it's not my right to tell the guys he's bi, it needs to come from him.

-----------

When the morning rolled around the four of us where woken by a loud tapping at the window.

"what the h-hell?" Pete screeched pulling his covers over his head. 

"Umm, who's owl is that?" I questioned focusing my attention onto the large black eagle owl which was trying to get into my bedroom.

"It can't be, that's my younger brother, Regulus' owl," Sirius walked over to the window, the rest of us circling around him, prizing the letter off its leg and sending it off on its way once again.

it read:

Hey Sirius,
Your girlfriend is at our house. Been here for the last three days actually.
So come and get her will you. Mum's still not happy with you so be quick,
surprisingly she is still asleep so hurry.
Totally wasn't a pleasure writing to you,
-R. A. Black

"Well," Sirius said passing the letter around to the rest of us, "Y/N's fine, she's at 12 Grimmauld place, wonder how she managed to get all the way over there?"

"What the hell are we waiting for? Let's go and get her!" Remus wailed, dropping the letter on the ground, his voice husky from just waking up. He tugged on a pair of pants, almost falling over, and pulled a shirt over his head. The three of us all followed suit and started the long bus trip over to Grimmauld place in hopes that Y/N was still there and hadn't continued to move.