One: The Meeting

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters they all belong to J.K Rowling (except for your character)
Y/n POV
"Slow down!" I called after the red-haired girl, Lily, weaving her luggage trolley in and out of crowds.
"We don't want to be late!" She yelled back, still rushing ahead.
"We won't be!" I laughed, trying to catch up to her.
It was our first day of Hogwarts and we were making our way through the muggle-packed train station 'King's Cross'. We were bubbling with excitement and couldn't wait to start our first year of learning witchcraft and wizardry.

Lily and I had been best friends since we were young and often dreamed of our futures. Everything we dreamed about of course involved each other - getting our Hogwarts letters together, seeing each other get married and raising a family. We were so inseparable that most people viewed us as mad.

We pushed our trolleys past everyone until we reached the wall between platform 9 and 10.
"Here goes nothing," I said under my breath.
I broke into a run headed for the wall, pushing my trolley with all my might. I half expected to crash but instead, passed straight through the brick, revealing the beautiful, scarlet Hogwarts Express.

____________

"Umm y/n," Lily whispered to me.
"Yes, Lily?" I answered, unable to hide my excitement.
"I think that guy I was telling you about, James, is staring at me..." Lily said, her voice low.
I tried my best to glance subtly over Lily's shoulder at the boy. He had dark, scruffy hair that he never did anything about and he stood alone awkwardly.
"Haven't you known James since you were 9? Lily, you've known him for 2 years. He probably just doesn't know anyone else," I said sounding a little annoyed. She just sighed.
"He knows you. You said you've been friends since you were 4!" Lily snapped.
I laughed and rolled my eyes.

——————

We started boarding the train a little later but Lily went to find a seat with some of her other friends that I didn't like so much. I was searching for an empty compartment when I ruined every chance of me making any friends at Hogwarts. My foot caught on the back of my ankle and the ground rushed up to meet me. My hands reached out to brace my fall, scraping against the corridor carpet.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't good old y/n. We've heard so much about you."
I looked up to see a good looking boy with long black hair smirking down at me. My cheeks were flushed with embarrassment and I wondered how he knew my name.

"Stop it Padfoot," A boy with caramel hair said offering his hand to help me up.
I ignored him and stood up, straightening out my now creased shirt and folding my arms over my chest.
"Sorry about him, I'm Remus Lupin," said the boy with caramel hair.
"I'm Sirius Black," said the boy with the black hair.
"And in case you've forgotten this beautiful face's name, I'm James Potter," said James sarcastically. I shook my head and mouthed "You're a plonker" at him. He beamed at me before gesturing toward a quite chubby looking boy.
"And this is Peter Pettigrew," James said.

"Nice to meet you all, sorry, I was just looking for a com-"
"You can sit with me and the guys if you want. Most compartments are full" Remus interrupted, his cheeks going pink. All the others looked at him with startled expressions.
"Uh- it's ok, I'm sure I'll find one sooner or later, I don't think your friends really like me," I said trying to find a way out of it.
"Hey, are you friends with my Lilyfl.. with Lily?" James stumbled. I knew what he was going to say - James had always talked to me about Lily but sometimes said 'Lilyflower' (his nickname for her) then but would always correct himself after.
"Yes?" I replied, trying to cover my giggles.
"Great!" He yelled making a few people stick their heads out of their compartment doors.
He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me inside their compartment.

Thanks for reading the first chapter, I'm sorry that nothing much happened but this was just to shape the rest of the story.
- Willow_Lupin