Twenty Four: New Scars

James pov

"Hey Padfoot, Wormtail, I left something in the dorm, I'll catch you up," I told my mates as a start pushing them out of the common room before I run-up to the dorm. The truth is I didn't forget anything, I could just see the defeat in Y/N's eyes that she really wanted to see Remus, but obviously, we couldn't let her because of this 'Furry little problem'. However lucky for me, Sirius is pretty gullible and wherever I or Sirius goes Peter will follow us.

I hurry over to Remus' desk knowing there would be pieces of parchment somewhere in that area, and I quickly scribble down a note for Y/N.

I wrote: 'Meet at the infirmary at 11:30 AM -J. Potter'

after writing it and staring at the note feeling like it was missing something, then it hit me so I quickly scribbled after it: 'P.S. Chocolate Frog Will Be Necessary!' Perfect.

I folded it up and ran back down the stairs over to where Y/N was sitting and poked her in the shoulder. She looked up at me with anger in her eyes.

"what do you want Potter?" She said to me obviously trying to hide her annoyance. I stood there for a second not knowing what to say so I just dropped the note onto her book and walked out the common room to catch up with Sirius and Peter to help Remus back to the infirmary.

As a go-round each corner my pace increases until I'm at a full sprint by the time I pass the great hall and run out of the school gate toward where Peter and Sirius were sitting, just outside the reach of the whomping willow branches.

"finally you're here mate we better hurry as fast as we can" Sirius said jumping up from the grass patch.

we all start picking up different rocks and sticks to try and hit the knot on the root as fast as we could, Peter not even reaching halfway in between where we were standing and the tree itself.

once we had finally hit the small target point we dropped everything and ran as fast as we could down the small narrow tunnel towards the shrieking shack.

"w-w-wait up guys y-you're leaving me be-behind! I don't w-want t-t-to be alone in the d-dark!" Peter shrieked

"No time to wait! We have to help Remus! We'll get you on the way back!" I yelled back at him grabbing Remus' clothes from his chubby little hands.

Once we finally stop running and we reach the deteriorating door of the shrieking shack I bang as hard as I could.

"MOONY! WE'RE HERE! ARE YOU OK BUDDY? WE BROUGHT YOU YOUR CLOTHES!" I shout, opening the door a crack in order to shove the clothes through since with every transformation his clothes completely get destroyed.

"Thanks, Prongs" I could hear Remus mumble.

after a couple minutes the weary eyes Remus Lupin opens the rusted door all dressed in the clothes be bought him, he starts to stumble forward and Sirius and I hurry straight to his side to help him back up to the castle.

Y/N POV

Finally as 11:00 AM rolls around the once silent scarlet room was bustling with excited third years getting ready to go on their Hogsmeade trip. I honestly can't wait until I'm a third year so I can finally venture out to Hogsmeade with all my friends, just have to wait two more years.

The sound of chattering students bounces off the walls as I quickly jump up the stairs into my dorm, skipping every second step as I go. I slowly open the dorm door and quietly close it behind me as I cautiously look around the room making sure no one else was there. Once I'm certain no one else is there I dive under my bed and scrabble around dislodging the loose floorboard, pulling out a large plain cardboard box and reach in.

I shove my hand into the box and stuff as many Chocolate Frogs as I could into my satchel and pockets managing to get 29 frogs in total, I hope that's enough for whatever James wanted them for. I place the box back into the small hole in the floor and slide the wooden planks back over the hole.

Suddenly the room swings open with a bang and someone steps into the room.

"Y/N? ARE YOU IN HERE?!" The voice of Lily Evans shouts.

I jump up forgetting about the wooden edges of my bed causing my head to smash against them.

"Ouch Fuck!," I yell rubbing the back of my head "Yes Lily? Right h-here"

"You Okay?" she asks me with a raised eyebrow

"uhh yeah, im f-"I reply before she cuts me off by circling me and looking me up and down.

"Oh, thank God, I thought you would be a victim of one of those stupid pranks!" she said sternly.

I glance over at the alarm clock on my side table 11:24 AM shit I'm gonna be late

"Sorry, Lily got to go, catch you later" I say as I dash out of the door crashing into a group of irritable girls in their fake 'Louis Vuitton' clothes.

"Watch where you going! aren't you going to say sorry for what you have just done to us" one of the snobby girls shouted with fire in her eyes.

"No time! Maybe later!" I called back in the same tone and just kept running to the infirmary.

---------------

time skip to when Y/N gets to the infirmary

---------------

I start walking around the corner towards the door of the infirmary

"Those are gonna leave so many New scars Moony, are you sure your alright?" I could hear James say.

"y-ye-yeah tho-those are some p-p-pretty d-deep w-wounds" Peter chimed in

I look round the corner to see Remus lying in the bed with the other three boys around him.

"Well, every time you get a new scar the more badass you look, aside from your overall nerdy-ness " Sirius smirked leaning back in his chair.

I had not been able to see Remus's face until now, I was stunned to see the deep slashes all across his face and any area that were visible to me.

Whatever did this to him is going to pay...