Thirty Three: 'It's Just Moony Being Moony'

James' POV

"Yeah, of course. I would do anything for my 'sister'. When would you like me to tell them?" I smiled.

"I don't mind. But hopefully, as soon as you can tell them." She declared.

"Of course." I replied pulling Her once again into another bear hug.

I stand up from the grassy patch offering her my hand.

"Come one, we should get going." I told her as she gave me her hand and stood up too. She intertwines her fingers into mine. I gave her hand a slight squeeze of reassurance as we started walking back to the castle.

"I better go find the guys to tell them the news," I acknowledged releasing her hand from my grip "Everything is going to be ok, there's nothing to worry about."

"I know, I guess I'm just scared about what they're going to think of me after you tell them." She replied.

"Well, you can trust me, I'll make sure nothing horrible happens." I consoled putting my hands on her shoulders before heading off into the main courtyard of the castle.

I start jogging up and down the long corridors and stairs until reaching the glowing scarlet common room, in search for the Marauders.

"Hey Arther, Molly, have you seen the guys?" I called out to the duo sitting together on one of the sofas near the crackling fire.

"I think they headed up to the dorm to plan pranks earlier on." Arther replied.

"Thanks dude!" I yelled running up the few stairs to the dorm room.

I burst through the carved oak door to find Peter sprawled out across the rug, Sirius leaning against his bedpost his tie tied around this head, and Remus sitting on his bed reading Hamlet.

"Guys, we really need to talk, I have a message from Y/N she needs me to tell the two of you" I declared.

"The two of us? There are three people here" Sirius looked up extremely confused with what I had just said.

"Remus already knows about this endeavour" I stated.

----------

Time Skip

----------

"So you're telling me... That Y/N is a... Riddle?" Sirius questioned.

"Exactly"

"And why couldn't she tell the everyone else, why you?" Remus bellowed.

"She was terrified if she told you guys it would have the same outcome as when you found out the news. She was scared of all of your confrontation about this problem, that all of you would leave and despise her."  I claimed coursing Remus to look down in shame.

Still looking down Remus said, "Hey James, could I speak to you privately?"

"Of course bud." I replied pulling myself off the floor and heading towards the door, Remus following close behind.

"Look, I really want to work things out with Y/N but she won't talk to me and if we do we end up fighting, could you do anything to help me?" He finally said once out of earshot of everyone.

"You just have to be gentle, she's terrified about this whole thing and what people are going to say. So if I where you, I wouldn't even bring it up, I would just have a normal conversation with her. She just needs time and I'll see if I can say anything to her to make things smoother." I comforted.

"Thank you Prongs, I'm gonna head up to the library for a bit before next period, so I'll see you later." Remus blabbered heading off his 'safe haven'.

Remus' POV

I walked the crowded halls, my mind racing with what I should finally say to the H/C haired girl. At this point, I was using the advice of 'giving Y/N time' as an excuse for not talking or going near her.

I enter the empty room, the smell of fine leather, dust and old pages woft over me, a sigh of relief escape my lips. At this point (and in the past) the library is the only place I could feel nothing except happiness. It was the place I would 'escape' my own reality and witness somebody else's life just for an hour or two. And it was just the place I needed to go at this given time.

I walk over to where one of my favourite books of all time sat, The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. No one was interested in it since there where no words, it was all written in runes. I guess I was the only student that knew what the majority of the book said.

I picked up the leather bound book, a silver skull on the front (The Moonstone Edition of Beedle The Bard, picture at the top) and sat down at one of the nearby tables, pulling out a spare piece of parchment just in case I needed to write any runes down that I didn't know. I had around 7 hours until my next class since my herbology classes where in the evening periods at 10 PM.

----------

When I had finished my reading and was feeling way better I tucked the piece of parchment into the book and put it back onto the self. Since no one ever read that book I was confident that that little piece of parchment with the runes are their translations on it would be safer staying there. And for a bonus, it marked where I was up to in the book.

I picked up my things and headed out of the library and back to the common room. Out of nowhere a feeling of exhaustion washed over me during my reading session causing me to cut things shorter then I would have liked to, I guess I can blame it on the upcoming full moon. It always does this type of stuff to me.

When I got back to the common room, at last, the unmistakable voice of Sirius called out from nowhere:

"Enjoy your 4 hours in the library Moony?!"

'4 hours?' I thought to myself 'I wasn't there for 4 hours! What's the damb time now?'

"Hey Gideon, what's the time?" I asked.

"7 PM" He called back at me.

"Thanks mate."

I rush back up the stairs to my dorm, yes it was another 3 hours before my next class was but I wanted to get ready for class and make sure I have everything I need ready.

Some would say 'It's just Moony being Moony'