Thirteen: Curfew

Remus POV
I looked at my watch and it read '9:23 pm' I sigh, curfew is in just over half an hour.
I close the book I was reading, gently making sure not to damage the fragile binding and stand up picking my giant pile of books sitting on the table.
I start walking to each bookshelf carefully placing each book back in its correct section. I've never liked putting the books back using magic, I've always preferred doing it manually because I can ensure that the books won't get damaged or mishandled.
Once I place the last book back in its place I look back at my watch, ' 9:41 pm'.
Shoot, if I don't get back fast enough I won't be back to the common room in time my feet start hurrying toward the library door when a small house elf pops out of nowhere and runs right into my legs.
"Ahhh!" I yell with my heart racing, as it echoes around the empty library.
"Wispy is so very sorry Mr Lupin, Wispy never meant to scare Mr Lupin, I have something for you," Wispy says in a hurried tone.
As soon as the little house elf started talking I recognised the little elf from the kitchens when I and the marauders sneak down there.
"There's no need to be sorry Wispy, I wasn't looking where I was going, what is it that you have for me?"
I replied by giving her a small smile.
"Wispy was asked by Miss. y/l/n to give you this and told Wispy to tell you that she is ok." She pulls the neatly folded paper out of her 'pillowcase' looking robe. I smile from ear to ear and my whole body fills with joy as I hear she is still alive and is doing fine.
"Thank you so much wispy, I really appreciate you doing this," I tell her giving her a fist bump, something me and the marauders are happy about teaching this specific house elf.
"'Twas Wispy's pleasure." She said and she disappears before my eyes as I bid her farewell.
I look bad at my watch ' 9:54 pm' my breath hitched and I started running as fast as my feet could carry me so I wouldn't be caught for being out after curfew.
I keep running and running past all the yelling paintings and armour statues, making sure to jump over the trick stairs on the moving staircases. I stand in front of the fat lady painting looking at my watch for the last time ' 10:02 pm"
"Balderdash" I stuttered trying to catch my breath.
The painting swings open and I slowly walk into the common room reliefs to be back somewhere safe and away from Filtch and Mrs Norris.
I sluggishly climb up the boy dorm stairs and open the door carelessly, I fall back onto my bed clutching
Y/n's letter in my hand and let out a big yawn.
"Where have you been Moony? We where worried Filtch got you." James said raising an eyebrow.
"Library," I answered still out of breath.
"Doing what exactly?" Sirius chimed in looking away from his 'quidditch through the ages book'.
"Ran into a house elf," I say tiredly.
"What was a house elf doing in the library?" Peter squeaked.
"Gave me this," I held up the note that I was holding in my hand
"It's from y/n, she's ok and getting out of the infirmary next week."
"What does it say?" James asks.
"It says:
Dear Remus, Lily, Peter, James and Sirius.
I am just writing to you to tell you that I am alright and I am perfectly healthy,
Except Madam Pomfrey will not let me out of the infirmary or let me have any visitors.
I will be allowed to leave here in around a week so I will be able to join classes and
See you guys again soon.
Also sorry about having to get a house elf to give it to you since I couldn't think of a better
way to do this.
From Y/n Y/n/l" I read the letter out loud the whole time having a huge smile on my face
"What's got you so hap—" Sirius starts saying smirking
"Guys I'm sorry but I'm exhausted, I'm going to get some sleep." I interrupt standing up grabbing my things to get ready for bed.
"Ok mate," James says.