Fifteen: Back at the Infirmary

Y/n POV
Once again, the morning rolled around and the early sunlight shone down upon my face. It was another day of lessons with Professor Kettleburn. Just a few more days as practically prisoner here in The Infirmary and I'd be free. Free to do whatever I please as long as I followed school rules, of course. I sat up in my bed, my covers still pulled over my lap as the crisp cold air made the hair on my arms stand on end.

I glanced up at the clock noting it was 7:09. Professor Kettleburn was always on a strict schedule due to arrive at The Infirmary at 7:10 on the dot. As expected, just as the minute hand ticked over, the door creaked open and in walked the old, grey bearded Professor Kettleburn.
"Well good morning Y/n, nice to see you awake at this beautiful hour," he declared.
I smiled politely in reply while he took a seat on his cushioned chair.
"So how are you feeling today?" He asked tilting his head to the left slightly.
"Umm, I guess I'm doing better?" I said unsurely.
"Well, that is great my dear!" He exclaimed completely ignoring my tone.
"Now let's see how you're going with your training, aye?" He said, again much too excited for his own good.
He always sounded incredibly chuffed with himself, helping train an obscurus to control her powers.

He jumped up from his chair and pulled multiple bullseye targets out of his charmed briefcase. He trotted over to multiple places in the room setting each one up.
"There we go! You can start whenever you're ready," he said smiling from ear to ear, ready to witness something he liked to call 'incredibly exciting and mysterious'.

I sighed and lifted my hand, lining my palm up with the target a few metres away from me. I squeezed my eyes closed and focused as hard as my clouded mind would let me. I thought of my parents and what they did to me - all those days I had to suffer. A single tear slipped down my cheek, as all those bottled-up emotions flew out of my hand in a spiralling black cluster. It split itself into multiple streams and smashed each target into millions of particles.

I opened my eyes and looked over at the professor.
"Hooray! Aha! Yippee!" He shouted, jumping up and down, laughing and clapping his hands together like a small child. I couldn't help but laugh. I had never seen someone so happy.
"Those were enchanted to be indestructible but- ah- who cares that was bloody- that was brilliant y/n!" he laughed.
I smiled at him.
"Thank you professor, but really it's all thanks to you."
"Well great work today y/n. I must be on my way to my class now. Goodbye!" he said tapping his watch.
"Goodbye professor," I called after him.

I fell back into my bed and stared up at the white ceiling,
'I wonder if Remus got my letter,' I thought to myself.
The door burst open suddenly. I squealed and pulled my covers over my head.
"Wispy is so very sorry Miss Y/l/n! I never meant to scare you, I was told to hurry." I could recognise that soft voice anywhere.
"Wispy?" I said, pulling the covers off my face and sitting up once more.
"Yes?" She answered.
"Next time could you knock? you gave me a heart attack!" I laughed.
"Wispy is so very sorry!" She said clambering up onto my lap checking I was okay.
"Hey, don't worry about it, who sent you here anyway?" I asked.
"I was sent because of this..." She pulled out a folded piece of parchment and started waving it about bouncing around on my bed before finally handing it to me.
"Oh, Mr Lupin also got the note Miss y/l/n asked Wispy to give."
"Thank you so much Wispy."

She bowed and skipped out of the room singing a happy little tune.
I smiled as I watched her leave then carefully unfolded the note. My e/c eyes immediately lit up as I recognised the neat handwriting. It was Remus.

A/N
Special thanks to spiderrsilk for editing this chapter!!!