Ten: The Past

A/N: this whole chapter is a flashback as a side effect to the Crucio Curse.

Y/N POV
It was my 11th birthday a time to be celebrated but not this year, or not any of my past birthdays.
I woke up putting on long leggings and a long sleeved shirt and on top of that a  long sleeved jumper, anything I could to cover my whole torso, arms and legs.
I left my bedroom and went downstairs for breakfast, stepping down each step as quietly as I could and walking slowly to the breakfast without trying to be noticed.
My father glares up at me from his breakfast opposite me while my mother slams a letter down in front of me.
"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?" She screamed loud enough for the whole street to hear her. I just shook my head.
"I don't know mum," I reply trying my best to not sound intimidated.
"THEN READ IT YOU FREAK!" My father yells across the table.
I gently pick up the letter reading the green writing on the front with my name on it, I flip the letter over to see a small red wax seal and a creat stamped into the middle of it. I gingerly start pealing the envelope open when my dad snatches it away from me and rips it open very aggressively and skims through the writing.
His face remains fully of anger and he stands up from the table, storms up to me, smashes my plate which sits in front of me and grabs me by my arm and throws me into a glass cabinet.
"YOU'RE A FREAK YOUR A BRAT AND YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE UNDER THIS ROOF!" He yells again.
He takes off his heavy metal watch off his wrist and belts it at my face.
I tried not to cry as the watch hit me square in the eye, which would definitely give me a black eye my tomorrow morning.
I stayed sitting on the hard wooden floor surrounded my smashed glass and shattered pottery from the cabinet.
I remained quiet and as still as I could, I still wasn't crying as I stood up and lots of glass penetrated my feet making them form little puddles of blood.
I ran I grabbed the letter from my mum's hand and sprinted up the stairs, read the letter a couple times and stole some money from my parent's room leaving a trail of bloody footprints behind me.
I went downstairs again and slid on my boots and grabbed my coat.
I head my mother's psychotic voice calling my name
"Y/n, oh y/n my freak of a daughter, oh y/n" she called out in a loud whisper.
I whip around and I'm greeted by a scary smiling face and with that, she pushed me against the front door and got punched in the face twice and in the stomach around 7 times. I was winded but I opened the door that was behind me and ran, I ran so far I didn't know where I was anymore but I kept going. adrenaline rushing through my veins as a ran into a forest where I knew I wouldn't be found. I read the letter again and again.

By the time nightfall came I was starving and exhausted, I walked to the street and plonked down on the curb and cried, I couldn't help myself, I had nowhere to go, I was alone and I knew no one, I wasn't safe if I went home again, I would get abuse like I did every day.
I ran my thin bony fingers over my tender bruised arms, I heard a honking and car breaks coming to a screeching halt I front of me.
I looked up to see a purple bus and a kind face man.
He introduced himself and told me that this was the
'knight bus' it operated for abandoned witches or wizards that are in need of help.'
Finally, things made sense, all those times my parents beat me and abused me every time something odd happened it was all because I was a witch and it was time to get away from all this rubbish.
I gave the bus drivers James Potter address and heading off to his house, I was so glad to get away from those people I call my parents.