Twenty Eight- Blood Work

Y/N POV

Sweat streamed down my forehead and down my checks as both Lily and I dragged our feet around the Cross-country track.

"I swear if I die doing this fucking track, tell... Actually, I don't have anything to say to anyone" I panted completely out of breath.

"For once in my life, I really want to wag this 'race'" Lily huffed.

"Same" I chuckled before both of us got the shit scared out of us.

"AHHHH!!!" We both screamed at the top of our lungs as Professor McGonagall apperated out of nowhere and stood in front of us her eyes pierced on mine.

"Professor McGonagall, Ma'm... how can we help you?" Lily asked unsurely.

"Miss. Y/L/N, You are needed in Dumbledores office" She said before apperating away without any further questions.

"Sorry Lils, I have to go, good luck finishing this dam course, by yourself!" I smirked before using the last bit of energy I had left to jog back down the gigantic hill.

----------

TIME SKIP TO WHEN Y/N GETS TO DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE STAIRWELL

-----------

I slowly wander to the grand Gryiffin statue

"Iced mice" I whisper looking straight at the Gryffin statue, I didn't expect anything to happen but a staircase started spirling up from the ground. I just thought the Gryffindor prefects where trying to trick the younger students, but I guess they were being truthful. If someone older than you told you something absolutely absurd like saying Iced Mice to a Gryffin statue, you would most likely think it were a prank.

I stepped onto one of the steps which were still moving upward so my tired legs wouldn't have to walk up so many steps. It kind of reminded me of the Muggle escalators in some of the Shopping centres James and I sometimes went to once his parents took me in.

I took a step forward and raised my fist to knock on the door.

"Dumbledore, Sir, Please I insist you do blood work on Y/N  Y/L/N, after reading her medical reports from the infirmary a normal Obscuruses wouldn't have reacted that bad to the cruciatus curse. There has to be something with her heritage that made her react like that" I Heard a familiar voice say. Instead of knocking I unclenched my first and lowered it again and listened into the conversation.

"I know your experience with Obscuruses Newt, but there is something else that I don't even think miss Y/L/N knows about which may have caused this." Dumbledore said, his tone weary. There was a bit of russling before Newt started talking again.

"She's was adopted? Do we know who the original parents are?" He questioned, my heart dropped, I had enough of listening to this conversation. I collected myself, straighted out my tie and uniform and gently knocked on the door.

"Come in, Miss. Y/L/N" Dumbledore's voice called out. I lowered my hand to the door handle and used all my might to heave open the surprisingly heavy door open. I looked over at Newt holding papers behind his back, I'm guessing those are the adoption papers, a small frown apeared on my face looking back at Dumbledore.

"Why am I here, sir?" I asked politely.

"If it is ok with you we are planning of doing a bit of blood work on you, it will only take 5 minutes so you can get back to that run" He said smiling

"Please, take as long as you can," I laughed which caused both Newt and Dumbledore to chuckle too "What is this blood work to do with anyway?" looking at Dumbledore then to Newt.

"Well, actknologing my experience with Obscuruses, I was looking at your past Imfirmary reports and noticed that your consequences of facing that cruciatus curse was too server for your situation. So we will just be looking at your DNA and your blood to see if there are any obnormalities." Newt established.

"Just this way Miss. Y/L/N" Dumbledore said gesturing towards a more secluded room in his office.

"Wait, does the wizard way of blood work involve needles, I can't do needles, and I can't do blood" I said wide eyed.

"Don't worry it doesn't, you won't feel anything at all" Newt said from behind me.

I follow Dumbledore into the small room and take a seat.

"You may want to look away now, there's going to be some blood" Dumbledore told me

I look away and with a flick of his wand a small vile was already full with my blood.

"And... You are done," Newt said leaning against the doorway "You can go wait in the main office while we anilise your blood"

I jump up from the chair i was sitting in and skip out of the room before Newt closed the door behind me. I go over to another chair, take a seat and look down at my shoes waiting for them to be done. I tried my best to fix my hearing on what they where saying but came to the conclusion that they used the muffilo charm so i couldn't hear anything exept very silence muffled talking.

A little while later two very worried faces came out of the small room in the corner.

"So, any obnormalities?" I asked cocking my head to one side

"Just... One..." Newt said slowly

"So what was it?" I question

"Well, for starters your..." He started before i interupted

"Adopted, I heard"

"The one obnormality is to do with your birth father, You may have heard of him before..." He kept trying to put off saying it and in the end walked away and started pacing in the other end of the room, as far away from me as he could get, so Dumbledore said it for him.

"He goes by afew names, Tom Riddle... The Dark Lord... He who must not be named... You know who... Heir of Slytherin... The list goes on" He said shamefully. I could feel all the colour drain from my face, how could such a horrible person be my actual father?

"He will most likely try to find you, you are more powerful then he will every be, and you will grow more powerful with age. But that mean it will come with more negative outcomes of simple curses" He continued on.

I was comepletly done, all I wanted was for my life to be normal, and for a bit it was, until this news came crashing down.