Twenty Nine: "Don't Talk To Me"

Author Note:
Since it is now my Holidays where I live I will be publishing whenever for two weeks, However, I will still post on Mondays I might post a couple chapters whenever I feel like it

I stayed silent staring at my feel for what felt like hours as Dumbledore and Scamander droned on and on about the whole Tom Riddle be my father thing.

"If you wish we can change your last name in the school records from Y/L/N to Riddle if that makes you feel better," Dumbledore repeated for the third time "We will try and make the Professors and the staff be as accommodating as possible"

I just nod along not paying attention to what anybody was saying or doing.

"Is there anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable at..." Newt said before I abruptly interrupted what he was saying.

"A house change, I want to be resorted" I demanded for the first time that whole conversation finally looking them both in the eye "If I am truly the daughter of the hair of Slytherin, I want to be resorted"

"We can surely arrange for that to happen, the earliest we can make that happen is the beginning of next year along with all the other new first years" Dumbledore told me. I nod along to what they were saying then finally get up and leave. The colour still hadn't returned to my face.

I walk down the halls of Hogwarts, dead silent tracing each brick on the ground with my eyes until I finally reach the common room. I was so thankful that I had at least one period free so I could let all this news sink in for a bit, I was just praying the common room and my dorm was going to be empty. But of course, knowing my luck they weren't.

"Balderdash" I whispered my voice shakey. I slowly walk into the glowing common room.

"Ay! Y/N! Just the person we wanted to see! Come over here and help us with a prank!" James yelled.

"Not now James!" I yelled in response.

"Oh come on Y/L/N! Come help us!" Sirius called back.

"Leave me alone!" I practically scream back at the top of my lung, my eyes glazing over with the same pitch black darkness of my father before I sprint up the stairs to my dorm.

I shove open the door and see Lily, Dorcas, Mary and Alice all happily chattering away, sitting/lying on each of their four-poster beds.

"Hey Y/N come join..." Lily started.

"GET OUT!!!" I once again scream at the top of my lung making most of the furniture in the room tremble. They all immediately leap off their beds, the look of sheer terrier plastered on their faces as they run out of the room, slamming the door behind them.

I press my back against the door and slide myself down to the ground, I hug my knees close to my chest as I break down, I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest as my chest seered with pain with each breath I could hardly grasp onto. My body weaving in and out of warmth and coldness while my head spun and an overwhelming sense of nausea overcame me.

During all of this happening, I wasn't aware that I had moved from the floor to my bed. I could hardly breath gasping for each breath as it was my last. The sound of my own heart kept pounding into my own ears, so I wasn't aware of the dormitory door gently opening as someone walked into the room.

I felt two arms wrap around my cradled body, the soft sent of chocolate filling the air surrounding us both.

"Shhh, everything's going to be ok" his soft voice assured me.

"Then why doesn't it feel like everything's going to be ok" I replied, my chest burning with every word that left my lips.

"That's just what your mind is thinking at this given moment. You have to trust me, I've had plenty of panic attacks over some of my own issues and I know how it feels" He continued.

"What do..." I sob

"It's already going to be hard enough for you to breathe so just stop talking and save it" Remus continued. I didn't say anything more, he just hugged me tighter, soon enough I could finally breathe properly again and my body stops going into overdrive.

"Thank you" I whispered as I looked up into Remus' face.

"You're welcome" He replied using his thumb to wipe any tears that were still on my face.

"How did you even get into the girls' dorms? The stairs turn into a slide when boys try and get up them" I giggle imagining the lanky Remus Lupin trying his best to run up a steep slide.

"Remember that one time where Professor McGonagall gave me that 'card' thing that allowed me to come up here that one time when I had to take care of you?" He asked, which I nodded in reply to "Well I still had it, so I thought it was a good time to use it"

There was another soft knock at the door causing both Remus and I to look in that direction.

"Miss Riddle, Professor Slughorn needs to talk to you about your Resortment into Slytherin house" A Gryffindor prefect announced. My mind started spinning once again, why now? This was officially the worst timing to share this news in the history of sharing news! Remus' arms immediately retracted as I got addressed as Riddle.

"Thank you, I'll be down in a few minutes" I jump up from my bed and straighten out the activewear shirt I was still wearing.

"Since when?" He asked.

"Since when? What?" I responded.

"You know what I'm talking about!" Remus said his voice no longer soft but now full of frustration and anger.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I calmly said, not making eye contact with him any longer.

"Riddle? As in Tom Riddle?!" He yells.

"Riddle is a popular last name within the Wizarding community" I continue.

"No, it is bloody not! There is only one Family with the name Riddle, and that's You-Know-Who's family line!" He continued yelling at me for a couple more minutes while I try my best to tune what he was saying.

"When where you going to tell me? Or the others?" His voice was again smooth again but this time full of despair.

"I don't know," I finally said back "I really have to go"

I head toward the door but Remus bet me to it, he pushed me aside and left after saying four simple words.

"Don't talk to me"