Twenty one: Familiar Faces

Remus POV

I slowly walk back to the common room, my head down, looking at each of the small bricks covering the cold floor. My eyes starting to well up with tears as my mind brought me back to seeing Y/N run into the forbidden forest.

a little while later after lugging myself up the hundreds of stairs I enter the scarlet dimly lit room and go straight to my dorm. Flopping down on my bed I pushing my face into my pillow and I let all my emotions out, clutching the small locket tightly around my chest.

the dorm room slowly creaks open and I feel my mattress dip as it holds the weight of another person.

"You okay, mate?" says the soft voice of the one and only James Potter. I say nothing in return and just shove my head deeper into my pillow, trying to gather myself. he knew what was going on, I could tell.

"if this is about Y/N, remember she's a fighter, she can handle anything, even some stupid blokes from Slytherin that would probably whop our asses!" James continues.

"But you don't know Y/N like I do," I mumble "you don't know whats in that forest, especially on days like these"

"well Moony, you should probably get ready for later on in the evening, I talked to McGonagall and she's given you the rest of the classes off because of your furry little problem, let me know if you need anything," he says raising himself off the bed and closes the door behind him.

I look up at the clock '1:00 pm' Lunch was just about to begin. I sit up and rub my eyes, making sure it didn't look like I had been crying I head down to the great hall.

Just before I enter the great hall I see two familiar faces who were having their own little conversation as they walked. Y/N and Newt Scamander, what was he doing here and why was he with Y/N? He probably saved her from some sort of animal, I think noticing a couple large scratches on her arms, legs and face. Whatever the reason was I was glad she was back on school grounds and safe.

"Ahh Remus Lupin, how are you doing?" Newt exclaims while he approaches me, however, Y/N just looks down looking ashamed.

"I'm fine, but I am feeling a bit under the weather" I say giving him a knowing look, he did help me and my parents out with my transformations for the first couple years.

"well that's understandable, have you met Y/N Y/L/N yet? surprisingly you are both quite alike when it comes to things" he asks gesturing towards the timid girl

"actually I have, we hang out quite a bit" I reply cocking an eyebrow at the statement he had just said.

"I should have known, anyway your know in good hands so this is farewell, at least until your tutoring class with me" he chuckled and turns. The two of us enter the great hall together and sit down with the Marauders and Lily, the whole time Y/N being dead silent and not even touching any of her food.

"You okay?" I say in a hushed tone so only she can hear me, once again she says nothing but only a very faint smile twitches onto her lips, however, I could tell she was faking it. Her face was completely drained of colour and her eyes were dull and lifeless. She looked so ill and weak.

"Mr Lupin," Professor McGonagall says in a more sympathetic tone than usual "Please take Miss Y/L/N with you when you head back to your common room since the both of you have the rest of the day off,please keep a close eye on her,"I nod at least she has time to rest and get over whatever is happening to her "and take this, this will let you take her up to her dorm but it will disappear as soon as you do so." she adds then leaves.

I stand up and offer my hand to her to help her up, she gladly takes it and leans on me for stability as we slowly make our way up the stairs she starts to lose her stability more and more as we go. As soon as we enter the common room her body give in and collapses on the floor, completely passed out.

I quickly throw myself onto my knees neither and try to bring her out of her unconscious state but it's no use. Hopefully, it isn't anything like last time I think. I pick her up bridal style and carry her and carefully as I possibly could up to my dorm, McGonagall did say to keep a close eye on her and I could do that if she was in the dorm.

"Shhh," i whisper as she starts to stir and her eyes slowly flutter open "everything's gonna be ok don't worry"I gently put her down on my bed and pull the covers over her, she willingly curls up and snuggles into my pillow which makes a smile crawl onto her face, a genuine smile instead of a fake smile like earlier, causing a smile creep onto my own face.

God, this girl's smile is beautiful! I take a seat at the desk, positioned next to my bed and pull out some homework to do until it's time to go out to the whomping willow.