Eleven: The Hospital Wing

Remus POV
The Marauders and I exit the great hall after lunch.
"Great prank guys! Another successful one to put in our books!" Sirius cheered
"Haha yeah how are we gonna beat that —-" James got cut off by screams of pain coming round the corner and I start to wince as I identify who the scream is coming from.
I sprint as fast as I could and the fastest I have ever run in my life with the other Marauders behind me, I whip out my wand and the hall was full of us shouting defensive and disarming spells.
After what seemed like forever of spell castings they finally scram and I rush to Y/N's aid while James helps Lily. I pull her onto my lap and start shaking her attempting to wake her up.
"Y/n!" I shout but she doesn't respond she out cold but tears keep running down her beautiful face.
I pick her up bridal style and walk as fast as I possibly could without coursing the unconscious girl discomfort, I bust through the infirmary doors and Madam Pomfrey rushes to prepare a bed.
"Mr Lupin whatever happened to Miss y/l/n" she questions me.
"I'm not sure Mam, I was exiting the great hall when I heard her screaming when we got there where a couple Slytherins, but I'm not aware of or if they used any spells," I reply in urgency
"Do you know of any student that may have seen what was going on?" She asks trying to get some sort of answer.
"When we got there Lily Evan was huddled in the corner so she might have seen what was going on," I tell her
"Send her in then" she turns me away and goes back to taking care of y/n.

I rush back to where James, Sirius and Peter were taking care of Lily.
"Lilly Madam Pomfrey would like to talk to you about what happened," I tell her.
"Ok, Remus thanks." She manages to say through the tears.
I put my hand out to help her up.
"I'll walk you." I politely say.
She takes my hand, nods a thank you and start slowly walking off together.
I pull a clean white tissue out of one of my robe's pocket and hand it to her.
"Hey Lily, if you don't mind tell me, what happened with you, y/n and those Slytherins?" I ask trying to not sound needy.
"Remus it was so horrible, they cast Crucio on y/n and they wouldn't stop, I can't even believe what type of pain she must have been in." She starts crying again.
I give her a small hug and we both enter the infirmary, Lily goes off to Madam Pomfrey's office and I go straight to the chair by y/n's bed.
I hold her hand and gave it a slight squeeze, something was wrong.
I moved my hand to her wrist to try and feel her pulse. I sighed with relief as I felt her pulse, but then it stopped, it didn't continue on.
"Madam Pomfrey!" I yell making everyone's head turn toward me.
She rushes over with Lily behind her.
"Yes, Mr Lupin?" She says pretty confusedly.
"Y/n's pulse st-stopped, I-I thought something was wrong and I felt her p-pulse but it st-stopped a-a-and" tears started rolling down my checks. Madam Pomfrey's face goes from her normal friendly face to being full of concern.
She makes us leave the infirmary and pulls the curtain around y/n's bed.