Thirty Five: Pacing Thoughts and Dances

Remus' POV

The class seemed to drag on and on but eventually, it finally came to a halt and the greenhouse exploded with excitement for the Halloween feast and dance which would take the place of astronomy class. However, I didn't want anything to do with it. Too much had happened in the past few weeks that a dance was the last thing I needed right now.

I trudged through all the Gryffindor girls who suddenly decided out of nowhere to start screaming songs. The symphony of what sounded like screeching cats burst into my ears while I squeezed my eyes shut in agony.

I just needed to get past this day then it was finally the weekend, a time for turning into a horrifying beast then getting at least a week off from everything. A better way of putting it was basically like a mini holiday but each day you're recovering from searing pain you gave to yourself.

I threw my bag onto the concrete of the courtyard and started pacing back and forth. I ran my hands through my caramel brown hair with stress, I really felt like I couldn't go on with this day anymore. Lucky for me everybody was in their dorms and common room to get ready for the dance and some dudes were still running around the school asking every girl to be their last minute 'date'.

All I want to do was crawl into a hole and not come out until years have passed and people have forgotten me but obviously today I couldn't achieve the thing I wanted.

Out of nowhere a sudden craving for something washed over me, it wasn't the type of craving for food or for a certain emotion it was more craving for a feeling of comfort and belonging. I just needed to be around her. Her bright cheery e/c eyes that shone even in the darkest of times could make anyone's day. Even the way her cheeks turned a dark crimson whenever she got flustered was just... perfect. Everything about her was just amazing, and I needed to be around her again.

I darted straight out of the courtyard leaving my bag behind and down the hallways looking for a certain h/c haired girl. I frantically scan looking from left to right until my eyes landed on the one person I was looking for.

"Oy, Riddle!" I yelled down the hall stopping dead in my tracks causing her to turn around swiftly. However, those eyes which were usually full of hope where dark and glazed with sadness. Her hands were shaking and she seemed like she couldn't stay still for not even a second. I push past everyone who had also stopped to watch this scene play out towards the jittering girl.

"What do you want, Lupin?" Her voice whispered in a low husky tone.

I took one of her trembling hand in my own and it came to a halt almost instantly

"Y/N Riddle will you go to the Halloween dance with me?" a frown became plastered on her face and my heart became to beat faster and faster.

"...okay..." Y/N a smile appearing onto her face.

"Wait for what? Really?" I grinned from ear to ear.

"Yes, of course, I'll go with you"

I pulled her into a tight hug, "Well I better get something to wear, and I'll see you around later."

"You better wear something nice." She giggled as we started walking away from each other.

Y/N POV

"You better wear something nice," I called over my shoulder laughing as we both made our own ways down the jamb packed hallways.

"Mr Lupin!" I heard the booming Scottish voice of Professor McGonagall call out from the other end of the hall. "Mr Lupin you have left your personal belongings in the way of other students and faculty. 10 points from Gryffindor. This is extremely unlike you."