Thirty: Lily Petals And Fish Bowls

Remus POV

"Don't talk to me" As soon as those four words left my lips i could feel my life collaping around me.

I walled straight into my own dorm and collapsied onto my bed.

"Whats got our knickers in a twist Moony?" Sirius called out, struggling to start an essay for Potions.

"Just reading... Sad part of the book... You know" I said stumbling over afew words.

"Pads wouldn't know, when has he ever read let alone pick up a book in his life?" James smirked.

"Haha, very funny" Sirius replied.

"Ha... Haa.. F-ff-funny" chucked Peter trying his best to fit in.

I roll over in my bed and hug my pillow tightly, closing my eyes hoping to be able to escape reality just for either a couple minutes or at least an hour.

"Are you going to help us with the prank planni..." James started.

"Errr... Not right now... I'm going to try and get some sleep, it's been a long day, and I probably wouldn't be able to last the rest without a nap" I mumble into my pillow. I close my eyes, as my sight fades away into blackness my thoughts start spiraling. The whole aregument and 'announcement' plays over and over in my mind. What if she did live up to what her father's name? I guess only time will tell.

----------
Y/N POV
I briskly walk out of my dorm and head down the stairs. Eyes still glistening with tears.
"Y/N! Are you ok?" Dorcas called out causing everyone else around her to look up at me.

"Y/N, What happen?" Mary said closely followed by Lily jumping out of her chair.

"Totally fine," I responded pushing the tears aside and putting on my 'Smile' "I've just been called to Slughorn's Office, so I won't be long" I continue walking on, out of the portrait, down the busy hall ways and down the stairs to the dungeons.

When I finally got to the large entry door to the office I raised my fist to knock, however just before managing to knock the door swung open.

"Miss Riddle! Just who I was expecting! Come in, come in!" Said Professor Slughorn's Cheerful voice sort of glittery, gesturing for me to enter. I glance around his office walking over to his desk to take a seat. Little trinkets and student photo graphs were scattered across the room. A peculiar sand timer sat on one end of his desk, decorated with four green snakes and had green sand. The other end of the deck had a large empty fish bowl with a single lily petal floating on the top of the water.

"So you wish to have a house change into Slytherin, am I correct?" Slughorn questioned, I just nodded.

"Professor Dumbledore said you will be resorted at the start of next year, but I think we can arrange it even sooner, maybe even the start of next semester, does that sound good to you?"

"Sounds perfect" I replied.

We keep on talking about the process and everything I should know about being a Slytherin student. I even found out that my father Thomas Riddle was one of Slughorn's favourite students, who knew! Before either of us realise the chime of the clock tower chimes dismissing the previous classes and unleashing all the restless students into the hallways to send them on their way to their next class.

"Well looks like we are both going to be late for Potions class" he chuckled. As I get up from my chair I glance back at the 'empty' fishbowl. Both Slughorn and I watched as the single Lily petal sank and just before reaching the bottom of the bowl it transformed into small fish. It was the most beautiful, lighthearted magic I had ever seen in my life.

"Ahh, beautiful wee thing he is, isn't he?" He said a smile etched into his face.

"He is, What are you going to name him?" I asked also smiling, mesmerised by the tiny creature.

"I shall name him Francis," He told me "any way we must being getting on our way or we will both be in trouble for being late"

I pulled my stare away from the little fish, now known as Francis, and started walking out of the room. Lucky for me (and Slughorn) since his office is in the dungeons, I didn't have to walk as far to the potions classroom, all I had to do is take a couple strides down the hall.

As I sat in Potions class seated next to my best friends all I could think about was that tiny little fish, it was such pure magic, whoever gifted that to him would never even hurt a fly. I desperately wanted to learn, learn how it was done and to be that pure of heart. The thought of Francis was almost impossible to get out of my head, until I caught someone staring straight into my eyes. The pair of caramel eyes looked as if they where full of despair and regret. However, as soon as he saw me frowning back at him, it was like a switch that had been flipped and that anger came back along with the argument replaying in my head. He said things that he would never say, thing that only my adoptive parents have said to me.
I look back down to the floor and immediately shove my hand high up in the air.

"May I be excused sir?" Remus and I said at exactly the same time. Both of us whipped around staring daggers at each other. Well this is going to be awkward