Thirty Eight: Holiday Planning

Y/N POV
The morning sunrise flickered through the infirmary windows hitting my waking face. I roll over to see that it was only 5 AM, granted it was pretty early but it was the best sleep I've gotten for a while. Even if it was medically induced due to my wounds. There is no doubt in my mind that at least one of them will scar.

I squeeze my eyes shut to get a bit more sleep but was rudely awakened by the door slamming incredibly loud as James and Sirius barged in levitating Remus. 

'The werewolf must have gotten him too,' I thought as they placed him on the bed next to mine.
We had a small conversation about the werewolf that had attacked both of us but I felt as if he was hiding something, and he was. He kept covering his hands any way he could to stop me from seeing them.

At that moment Madam Pomfrey drew the curtain around Remus' bed cutting both of us off. Ugh, whenever it was really important she always had to cut me or the person/people I was talking to off. She had really bad timing!

The recovery process was long and annoying but it eventually healed and by the following day, I was free to go to classes once again. However, the last of the healing couldn't be healed magically and I had to heal 'the old fashioned way'. It was no big deal, the only thing that bothered me was the way people reacted to it. All the comments I got because of it made me want to hex everyone in sight.

The whole of November and December went by a blur, not because I was having fun but it almost felt like time was missing. The days all melted together into one, class after class every day until breakfast, lunch, dinner and free time, which where the only parts I could slightly remember.

By no time it was the 19th of December and I had my nose stuck in a book, surprisingly the person who put those rune notes in the 'Tales Of Beedle The Bard' had responded to my note and we've been talking, or writing, ever since. I had asked if they were staying for Christmas or not but they were going home.

This time of the year was especially busy, Professor McGonagall was rushing around collecting names of the students staying at Hogwarts and those who were returning to their families. The thing is if I stayed I would be alone for two weeks (which wasn't that bad) and if I went 'home' I wouldn't be able to stay anywhere. 

James said I was always welcome to stay at his house but Sirius had taken refuge there since the start of the year due to his family's issues. So I really didn't want to bother him with having another friend staying there as well.

Anyway, I bravely put my name down for leaving even though I had no idea where I would be staying for the holiday but I guess I would find somewhere. I had no money whether it being wizarding or muggle so all motels and hotels were out of the question.

As I was mid thought someone pushed the book out of my hand to reveal the face of James Potter smirking at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"You staying or going?"

"Excuse me?"

"Are you staying at Hogwarts or going for Christmas?"

"I'll be going..." I stared before being interrupted

"Great! You'll be staying at my house then, I know Sirius is already staying with me but it would be even better if you could stay as well, the more the merrier. The guys are going to be coming around most days but if that annoys you just tell me and we will leave. And don't argue about not staying at my place because it's already sorted, don't even think of coming up with an excuse like 'I've already got a place to stay' which is most likely a lie with you since you don't really have anywhere else to go, no offense... Oh, and I've owled my parents already. So yeah... Cya!" Exclaimed James, he talked so fast I couldn't even get a word in.

He always knew what to say to make me not 'debate' with him, it was really irritating sometimes but other times, such as this one, it was incredibly helpful and unlike most people he took how I was feeling into consideration with these sorts of things. 

Whenever I stayed at his place he was as accommodating as he could possibly be, mainly because he and his parents were the only people asides from the school staff that knew I was an obscurus so they did everything in their power to keep things in order. His parent's where truly amazing if anything they were like my aunt and uncle, they were so close they were practically family.

Author's Note-
Hey everyone!
Sorry that this chapter is really short, it's 9:10 PM where I live and I should be studying for a science test I have coming up tomorrow. So I'm going to leave it here for now but there should be more updates coming up soon.
Be kind to yourselves,
-Elliot Lupin <3