Twelve: A Secret

Your POV
It had been weeks since I woke up but Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let me out of the infirmary or tell any of my friends I was awake. She explained everything that happened while I was unconscious and even brought up the topic of my pulse stopping, which she managed to fix with multiple potions and a couple of spells. Nothing a bit of magic can't fix, right?
It was a full moon and I gazed out of the window into the beautifully star-filled sky and the luminous moon that hung low in the sky. Echoes of a wolf's cry filled the empty air as my heavy eyes slowly close and I fall into a deep asleep.

That night my sleep was dreamless just empty thoughts filling my brain with blackness.
When I wake up the warm sun beats down onto my face, I look over at my calendar
'Just one more week in the boring room' I think to myself.
The infirmary door swings open when Professor Kettleburn gingerly walks over to my bed and takes a seat on the uncomfortable cold chair next to me.
"Pardon me for a second, Miss y/l/n!" He turns around and points his wand to the chair he was sitting on and flicked his wand. If you blinked you would have missed it, the chair turned from a rubbish looking wooden chair to a silver and yellow cushioned chair (to represent his house spirit)
"Now, where were we? Oh yes onto your 'situation'" he continued on.
I nod and he gives me advice and pointer about what to do about my 'little' actually make then BIG problem.
"Because of what your parents did and what that has formed in you, you must use as much magic as you can to express yourself so you will be able to have control over —" he clears his throat almost like he is afraid of what I am.
"My obscurus?" I interrupt.
"Oh yes, that." He mumbles
"Sorry to keep interrupting sir but would I be able to see my friends soon," I ask not having much hope.
"Well Miss Y/l/n, I would say yes. But since you have your umm, condition, the side effects of the Crucio curse has had a worse effect on you. So you would have to ask Madam Pomfrey." He replies sympathetically.
"Oh, ok sir," I say as I turn and look out of the window again.
"It was good seeing you improving y/n, I really must go I have the third year to teach shortly, goodbye." He says starting to walk over to the door.
"Goodbye," I said. I whispered as he closed the door behind him a single tear rolling down my cheek.
I was determined to tell my friends I was okay and not dead how they through and probably are still thinking. I yanked the small notebook on my side table which sat next to some flowers and a few cards from Remus, Lily, Peter, James and Sirius. I scribbled down a letter which I would try to get a house else to take to Remus and the others for me. It said

Dear Remus, Lily, Peter, James and Sirius.
I am just writing to you to tell you that I am alright and I am perfectly healthy,
Except Madam Pomfrey will not let me out of the infirmary or let me have any visitors.
I will be allowed to leave here in around a week so I will be able to join classes and
See you guys again soon.
Also sorry about having to get a house elf to give it to you since I couldn't think of a better
way to do this.
From Y/n Y/n/l

I folded it up neatly and stuck it under my stiff pillow.
I clicked a little button on my side table and waited for Madam Pomfrey to come to me from her office.
She strutted over tucking a couple loose strands of hair behind her ear and look at me with a questioning look.
"Sorry to bother you Madam Pomfrey, but May I have a house elf deliver me some chicken soup."
She clapped her hands and a small innocent house elf appeared in front of her.
"Yes, mam, Wispy's name is Wispy how may Wispy help you at this time in the day," Wispy said with a bow so low he long nose touched the tiled floor.
"May you please deliver Miss y/l/n some hot chicken soup please Wispy." She said looking down on the helpless creature.
"It would be Wispy's honour Madam," said Wispy and with a pop, she had apparated back to the kitchens to fetch some chicken soup.
"Will that be all?" Her voice echoing around the infirmary.
I just nodded and waited for Wispy to get back, when she did I took the soup.
"Thank you so much Wispy," I told her gratefully
"It was Wispy's pleaser serving you Miss y/n, may Wispy get or help Miss Y/n anything else?" Wispy said.
"Wispy would you be able to give this to Remus John Lupin," I handed her the note and I checked the time.
"He should either be in the library or in the Gryffindor common room," I whisper to her so Madam Pomfrey couldn't hear.
"Yes Miss, Wispy shall do just like you said," Wispy said copying my voice level.
"Thank you so much Wispy." I gave her a small hug and she runs out of the room trying to find Remus.

Author's Note
Thank you so much for reading this book. After this chapter, I will be Publishing a new Chapter every Monday in between 6pm-8pm (NZ Time)
Once again thank you so much for reading I really appreciate it.
-Natalie Lupin