Twenty Six: "OO LA LA!"

Y/N POV

I leave the great hall still pondering about what this 'Cross Country' thing is, Lily and I keep walking down the corridors until we come across the muggle studies classroom.

We slowly open the door to be greeted by a completely empty and silent room. However, that was short lived as the extremely noisy Marauders (followed by a groggy Remus) burst through the door.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAB COONSKIN THING!?" Sirius yelled at the top of his voice. Why did his entrance have to be so dramatic?

"Dude, it isn't crab coonskin, its cross country, you idiot," i reply rolling my eyes

"Anyway where the hell is everyone?" Sirius continued just noticing the empty room.

At that moment a piece of chalk rose off a desk and started scribbling uncontrollably on the chalkboard positioned right at the other end of the room.

"Get... Changed... Into... Active... Wear... And... Meet... On... The... Training... Grounds" James and Sirius say as each singular letter formed a word, then a sentence.

"Well looks like this Crab Coonskin," He starts before noticing my glare "CROSS COUNTRY, thing is something to do with sports"

"Come on guys we better go get ready before we're all late" James smiles leaving the room

I could tell Lily was about to say something that she could regret so I grab lily by the wrist and pull her out of the room.

"Hey Ladies!" Sirius yells running up to us "I shall see both of ladies, in your active wear on the training field shortly" He says wiggling his eyebrows with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Stop being so pervy! We are only elven and still in first year YOU ASSHOLE!" I scream after him and he jogs away trying to catch up with the others.

This time Lily grabs be by the wrist and drags me off down the corridor to stop me from releasing all my concealed anger out of Sirius.

----------

Time skip

----------

Both Lily and I walk out onto the training grounds however this time the area was packed with the bussy chatter of questioning students. We stroll over to where Dorcas, Alice and Mary (our 'dorm mates') are standing. After a couple minutes of some banter I turn around and see the four boys finally walking onto the grassy patch. Sirius glanced around making sure he was in the right place, before finally shouting:

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CROSS COUNTRY THING!?" Everyone's heads spin around at this obnoxious comment.

"You will find out in a brief moment Mr. Black if for once you were just patient for once. Attention everyone. Attention! Today and for the following classes in Muggle studies we will be doing a little thing called Cross Country" The professor announces.

"SO WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!" Sirius screams from the back of the group of people.

"Detentions Mr. Black, tonight 10:00 PM!" The Professor exclaims pacing back and forth "Right, were where we? Cross Country is a type of long distance race, usually Muggles do separate girl and boy races. However we will be doing collaborative races of joint genders. In each class you will all be training for this race, so you will all be expected to show up in this exact spot in your activewear ready to run" She explains "You will be running four Kilometres for training and the real race itself will also be four Kilometres"

There's some groans of annoyance from some of the students and some excited chatter from the others coming from the large group of students all packed together.

"For training you will run from here to the Quidditch pitch, run around the pitch twice then run back to here. Now begin!" She announces and gestures for us to start running. Every student takes off running as fast as they can to try and win first place, leaving both Lily and I behind not even sure what we were meant to be doing.

"Come on girls. Hurry up! It's long distance so pace yourselves!" she says and we start jogging following the track that the professor had set out for us to do.

"Well this is going to be absolute hell isn't it" I pant after just jogging a couple metres.

"I know right, I'm not cut out for this... I'm good at w-word not sp-sports" She sighs as sweat drips down her forehead. We keep jogging until we are finally out of view of the professor who stood on the train fields then immediately went into a walk, my eyes glued to the ground.

"Let's just hope there are no other professors on the way to the Quidditch pitch" Lily breathes.

"... yeah," I start finally looking up from the floor "HOW THE HELL ARE PEOPLE ALREADY RUNNING BACK TO THE TRAINING GROUNDS!? WHAT THE FUCK!" I yell.

"Langue Y/N!" she glares back "BUT SERIOUSLY HOW IN MERLINS BEARD ARE THEY ALREADY BACK?!" She shouts.

"At Least we aren't coming last, right?" I chuckle looking behind me only to see a group of four boys taking their time as they, as if it were a morning stroll.

"Haha, True" Lily replies, a small smile curls up on her lips as soon as she sees one of the boys.

"OOOOOOO!" I scream "WHICH ONE?!"

She just glares at me and shoves me hard in the shoulder.

"Piss off Y/N" she tells me.

"Sorry... But honestly, which one?" I question again "Does his name start with a... P?" Lily just pulls a disgusted face "What about a R?" Once again she just frowns.

"Remus and I are just friends, nothing else than friends" she says gingerly

"What about a... S? No, wait I KNOWWW! HIS NAME STARTS WITH A JJJJJ!" I scream as I skip away ahead of her. I look back to see her reaction and the only thing visible is her bright pink blushing cheeks and her wide smile.

"OO LA LA!" I scream at the top of my lungs, loud enough so James can hear.

Maybe this cross country thing isn't so bad after all!