Thirty One: Table Seating

I am so sorry I haven't posted for a while, I have exams coming up and have been trying my best to juggle both my studying and this book, However, at the moment studying is my priority. I will get back to my weekly uploads after next week.
love you all <3
Elliot_Lupin

Remus' POV

"May I be excused, sir?" Y/N and I said at exactly the same time. Both of us whipped around staring daggers at each other. Well, this is going to be awkward I thought.

"You may both be excused," Slughorn said raising an eyebrow at the two of us. I start out of my chair.

"You going to be ok mate? Do you need me to come with you? I know you're a bit out of line with her at the moment." James whispered to me.

"I'll be fine" I replied starting to walk away. I really needed to talk to Y/N about what happened, apologize and hopefully come to grips with what I know. I longed to end this semester on a high note since it was the last week before the holidays.

I open the door to the hall and lean against the wall opposite the door of the potions classroom. Not to my surprise Y/N didn't immediately follow me out, there was a small time period of waiting for her.

When she did indeed finally open the door to the corridor, she was looking straight down at the floor until we made eye contact for only a few seconds, her face red with anger.

"Y/N we need to talk" I called after her as she started storming down the hall. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around, her eyes no longer full of anger but with sadness.

"What is there to talk about?" She shouted her voice breaking slightly.

"The way I acted before was horrible, I'm sorry" I apologized taking a few steps towards her.

"Well 'Lucky' for me I won't have to deal with any of that fucking treatment," I cock my head to one side slightly confused "Where I'm going people are going to treat me properly" That's when I finally remember that she was going to get resorted into Slytherin.

"You don't have to go" I whisper, causing her to frown.

"What?" She questioned.

"You don't have to go" I say louder so she could hear me.

"Slytherin is where I belong, I'm not meant to be in 'brave', you know what, COWARDLY Gryffindor!" She shouts back walking off leaving me alone once again.

----------

TIME SKIP TO LUNCH

----------

"Soooo... How did the conversation with Y/N go?" Sirius said nudging me in the ribs.

"How did yo..." My eyes widened.

"We could hear the two of you shouting from inside the class. Slughorn put up some charms so we couldn't hear you. Ahh, sweet lovers quarrel." Sirus smirked.

"Bugger of Padfoot, leave him alone" James said putting himself in between the two of us.

When we finally get to the great hall for lunch I scan the room for Y/n, but there was no sight of her.

"C-come on Moony, le-lets grab a s-s-seat" Peter said trying his best to cheer me up. We all walk together to our usual spot at the long Gryffindor table, however, every so often I would turn my gaze to the main entrance.

After a while of long-awaited looks towards the same space, I finally saw the familiar face of Y/N. My longing stare was met by her frown, but that was story lived. She tore her eyes away from mine, looked down at the cold floor before raising her head in pride and strode towards the opposite side of the hall.

"Wonder where Riddles going" I heard Sirius whisper to James. I whip my head around my face full of worry, I could see James was just as worried as I was. We all continue to follow her with our eyes.

"W-what-t is going o-on?" Peter questioned causing a great commotion as he was constantly turning around in his seat trying to see what the three of us were looking at. "I-I-I can't s-s-see an-nything. I'm b-blind!" He got no answer in reply and soon gave up and went back to his lunch.

----------

Y/N POV

I walked briskly over to the emerald green table.

"May I sit here?" I said as I walked up to a platinum blonde boy and girl who were obviously together.

"What do you want Gryffindor scum?" The boy muttered scrunching up his face.

"What do you want Y/L/N?" Greasy haired Severus glared.

"Actually I no longer go by 'Y/L/N'... I'm a Riddle" I proudly told them. At the moment the majority of Slytherin students looked at me in utter fear, the others in amazement.

"If you truly are a Riddle as you claim, I suppose you can sit here. I'm Lucious Malfoy, This is Narcissa Black and that's Severus Snape."

I glance back over my shoulder towards the table at the far side of the hall. I rolled my eyes at the four boys who were staring daggers at me and took a seat.

"So 'Riddle' why have you decided to sit with us for today? Aren't you a part of that filfy 'Marauder' group?" Luscious questioned

"Well I have talked to Slughorn about being a Riddle and through Slytherin is the place for me since my Father is The Heir Of Slytherin... So by next semester, I will officially be a Slytherin" I told them as they intently listened.

"Are you taking Slytherin classes until then or do you have to stay with those blood traitors?" Narcissa said. It took me a bit of time to process what they meant by 'Blood traitors' until I realised they were, in fact, talking about Gryffindor.

"I think until then I have to stay with Gryffindor..." I replied.

"What's Your blood status?" Someone who had been quiet the whole lunch said, I looked him dead in the eyes. They where Dark and full of hatred, he generally looked ill in general, like he hadn't slept in days.

"My what?" I questioned raising an eyebrow. The rest of the table went quiet as they all awaited my answer.

"What's your blood status? What are you? A mudblood? A pureblood? A half-breed?" He continued.

"Umm... I'm not sure, I was adopted I never knew either of my parents." As soon as the words left my mouth there was busied chatter between every student. The four of us continued to talk, turns out that boy from before his name is Bartious crouch junior and his father works for the ministry.

"I must get going to me early for my next class. I'll see you guys 'round. C'ya" I stood up and headed out the great hall. I heard three heavy running and one pair of very slow footsteps coming from behind me. I stop in my tracks.

"And what can I do for you boys?" I asked