Light 50

There were lights lining up the path to the river. They illuminated the clear walk way and the trees around me. The sight was beautiful indeed; there was nothing more beautiful, to me, than the forest.

My sandals hit the ground bringing me closer and closer to the clearing. I couldn't even acknowledge the dirt building up under my feet I was so excited. My dress blew with the wind as the smell of grass, water, and flowers danced around my nose.

My excitement and anxiousness built up with every step I took as my mind went haywire. Thoughts of what could be waiting for me on the other side of the path we're coming and going. The light path started to grow brighter towards the end where I could spot light shaped candles on top of a round table with flowers sitting in the middle.

There he was. Standing in a white button up shirt and black dress pants with no shoes. His hair was slicked back and his eyes twinkled in the light as they made their way to me. I could practically see the glow of happiness and joy when his lips were made into a huge smile.

Maddox walked towards me with open arms before he wrapped me in his embrace. The smell of his cologne crept up my nose and blended its way into my clothes. He placed a kiss onto my cheek before taking my small hand is his big one.

"Hey, beautiful." He said as he stared at me. His eyes took in every angle of my face as I did his. His eyes shown admiration, pride, adoration, and love. However, when his eyes met mine, I could feel the electricity peak between us. It felt as if the air crackled with sparks all around us and the world was silent. It was as if God was telling me, "He is who is worthy of you, no one else."

My skin tingled so much with heat and pleasure, I don't even think we are going to make it through dinner.

Finally, we pulled apart, much to my dismay. I was lead to a chair before being sat down.

Maddox pulled off the cover from my plate revealing two lobster tails with Cajun Alfredo fettuccine and salad.

"Oh sweet Jesus." I muttered. The smell of the food made my mouth water so much I almost yelled for Maddox to hurry and sit so I could dig in already.

They already put the sauce on the lobster tails I want to get a taste before the flies do. Maddox finally sat and revealed his plate: four lamb chops, shrimp scampi, a salad, some pineapple, and garlic bread.

I keep forgetting that he is a werewolf and a Beta so of course he has to eat a shitload of food to stay energized.

I grabbed my fork and aimed for the pasta. "Wait!" Maddox said as I was only milliseconds away from swallowing my plate whole... assface.

"Slow down, baby. I didn't even explain why we're out here." He chuckled at my impatient face.

I gently put my fork down and looked at Maddox. He stood and walked to my side of the table holding my hands in his.

"Before you stuff your face full of pasta, I want you to listen to me. As you know, I was in a very dark place before I met you. Hell, when we were in the elevator that was the first time I had smiled that long in years. I was so happy to find my mate but scared that you wouldn't want me. That's why I do things like this. I spoil you, I treat you like a queen, and I make love to you like it's the last time every time because I don't deserve you. I always had this dark aura around me and I've felt it more than others have but when you walked into my life, I felt the darkness lifting off of my chest. I feel so free today and it's all because of you. You made a rose grow out of my ashes, Octavia. You are the fire that keeps me warm, you are the light that burned through the darkness." Maddox let go of my hand to wipe away a tear I didn't even feel falling from my face. My chest constricted with each word that came out of his mouth. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet black box.

"Shit!" I whispered as I softly cried. Maddox bent on one knee in front of me as he looked deep into my eyes.

"Octavia, will you marry me?"

*To be continued...*
———————————————————————
Hey, guys. I know this chapter is really short but I had to give you guys something. For those who didn't know, my grandmother had a stroke so I'm playing a part in taking care of her the best I can. I won't have much time to sit down and write like I used to. I understand if some of you will take this book out of your library I totally get it. I promise that after this book is finished, I will only be writing one shots. Those one shots will require you all to follow my account because I don't want my content reported. I'd suggest you guys start sending in scenarios in which you'd want the scenes to take place. Anywho, I appreciate you all so much for giving me a great experience with writing. Love you guys ❣️.