Light 27

"Princes, what took you so long?" Maddox asked. He was wearing a hoodie and some gym pants again.

In other words, he looked hot.

I chuckled at him and sat down next to him. The patio has an amazing view of the tree line of the forest. With it being night time now the moonlight made the forest seem more beautiful. The silver light cast down onto the treetops and reflected off of the grass a bit. The view was undeniably beautiful.

"I was talking to Genesis." I say. I reach over and tangle my hand with Maddox's larger ones.

He hummed and we both sat in comfortable silence. I need to open my damn mouth and say something. I dont know why I can't do that! Am i scared? Maybe, but damn this is Maddox. I'm falling so hard for this man and I'm too damn scared to say anything. Ok, lets just say it. One, two, thre-

"Octavia, just say it."

I better not have said any of this out loud.

"What?" Just play dumb, maybe he'll forget it.

"You look conflicted with your thoughts. If you want to vent then go ahead. I told you I would be your shoulder to lean on." His head turned to me and gave a reassuring smile.

"I'm scared." And I was. Very very fucking scared.

"Of what, love." I felt his thumb run over my knuckles.

I get up and turn my chair to face Maddox. I need to see his face when I tell him.

"Ok. I- I have really strong feelings for you and I've only known you for about a month. Maddox you've treated me the way a queen should be treated and I am so damn thankful for that. I just need you to tell me the truth. How do you feel about me? And please be honest, I can't afford another heartbreak, not from you. I've developed these damn feelings so fast and strong that I-"

Lips. Lips are what I felt. On mine creating the most sensational sparks in the world. Maddox cut off my speech by kissing me. His mouth began to move and my hands found their way onto his face trapping him in my embrace. His kiss was slow yet sweet and needy. His tongue slowly invaded my mouth appreciating the taste and I did that same. He stood and brought me up with his. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hugged my waist pressing me closer to his body.

I felt everything. Not just his body but everything in that kiss. The adoration, the way he looks at me, how he appreciates me, how he cares for me- everything he does and everything he felt for me was in this kiss. I grabbed his head, I wanted more than anything to feel him. Feel more of him.

Suddenly he pulled away, our panting sounds were heard from each other. His arms still held me close to his body as mine were still around his neck.

"I have been so lonely. Year after year I started to lose hope that I would find someone to love and love me back. I began to think that I wasn't good enough or I wasn't worth having a mate. Like I wasn't meant to have a happy ending like everyone else. Yeah, I'll admit I did go through a time where I had meaningless sex, I turned into a heartless man, truth was that I wasn't heartless. I was trying to mend my broken heart through the most unhealthy was possible. I only had sex with about eight women and that's when I realized that I'm no better than the other low life assholes. After I stopped, my heart got a little better but as I put the pieces back together, some of them wouldn't fit the same. My heart became weaker and smaller, that is until I met you. That day in the elevator, my heart became complete. My missing piece was you." His thumb caressed my cheek as he kissed my forehead. His eyes and voice held so much vulnerability that a tear slipped out of my eye. This man's heart has been through so much shit and here I am complaining about being scared. I need him as much as he needs me.