Light 43

NEXT DAY...

Octavia's POV

"Hey, how you guys holding up?" Diana asked pulling out a seat for her to sit.

We spent the night in the pack house after talking to Alpha Garrett. He didn't want us to be out and about with all the chaos we been through.

Come to find out, he's actually Diana's uncle. I heard them joking with each other while showing us rooms to stay in. Since we got to their pack and talked for a little while, I would say we went to sleep around 4am and woke up at noon.

Currently we're all in the kitchen eating brunch. Alpha Garrett has told us he will email and call James after we're done eating our food.

"I'm doing okay I guess. We really appreciate you and your uncle for letting us stay here." Genesis said.

I was occupied stuffing my face with bacon and eggs. I haven't eaten in ages and I already see it in my thighs.

Genesis had about four plates already while I'm on my second. Diana tried not to show it but I caught her wide eyeing our mouths. I don't care how unladylike I look right now, if I want to eat, I'm going to eat.

"Yeah, because my human ass was not going to sleep in the woods. I have asthma and acute bronchitis. I will not die in the forest just because my ass doesn't know how to breathe right." I said causing the girls to laugh.

A door slamming open against the wall caught our attention. All of us stood up and walked to the sound leaving the rest of our food.

A bloodied man caught our sight as he trudged through the threshold of the door. Diana ran to the man and caught him before he fell on the floor and supported his body.

"Hey, hey, stay with me. Do not close your eyes. Someone help!" Diana screamed trying to keep the man alert and from going into shock.

Blood was pouring from his thigh and arm, it wont be long until he loses too much blood and passes out.

"Give me your shirt." I said as I ripped my off.

Genesis handed her shirt to me before running off into the kitchen and coming out with a thick dish towel to apply more pressure. Diana put a couch pillow under the man's head and supported his arm while Genesis held the leg up. I ripped the towel in half and applied pressure to the arm and handed Diana the other half of the towel to place on the arm.

Genesis and Diana used their shirts and mine to wrap the towels around the wounds to stop the bleeding. Just as we finished Alpha Garrett and the doctor were in sight and soon enough the man was carried out of the house and en route to their medical facility.

"What the hell was that?" Diana asked out loud.

I felt the same as her and Genesis did too. What exactly was that?

"Get everyone to the big house. NOW!" He commanded.

"We'll help." Genesis and I said.

We went on rallying up everyone in the main pack house and directing them to the assisting warriors. I was only left with a lost little boy named Roland whose family I can't seem to find.

I had the little boy on my hip running down stairs to the main door. Genesis and Diana confirmed that the other houses were empty and that everyone was on the way to the big house they have hidden. They were really prepared for war here.

"Octavia." Genesis and Diana called. They saw I still had the little boy with me and their eyes widened.

"I-I can't find his family." I said.

Everyone's lives are important to me but a child is my weakness. Little Roland will not die while he is with me. Matter of fact, he isn't dying at all, not today.

"The vans and buses are already go-"

Voices filled the scene all around us in a war cry interrupting our conversation. The three of us sprinted outside with me still holding Roland on my hip. On the hill towards the field was a hooded figure surrounded by several wolves snarling at all of us.

Alpha Garrett soon joined in and stood in front of us.

He sniffed the air and snarled back at the person as if they could hear him.

"Unc, what's wrong?" Diana asked.

"That's the witch that Octavia and Genesis. Octavia hand me Roland he'll be in the safe room in the office." I quickly handed Roland over to Alpha Garrett waving bye to calm his nerves a little bit.

Knowing Veronica's crazy ass, I probably won't be surprised if she actually tries to go after him.

"You two, come with me. We need to get on some armor." Diana shifted into her wolf and so did Genesis. I hopped on her back before she followed Diana to where they keep their armor. I was handed a bullet proof vest and a mask with two blades and a gun. Genesis and Diana only took knives and swords.

We found ourselves running back to the pack house only to see that it was surrounded by the wolves. In front of the door was Veronica who, I assume, was assigning them different posts. We were hiding behind another building closer to the pack house.

Diana and Genesis shifted back to their human forms and put the knife and sword holders on their legs and back. They were clothed due to pack members stashing clothes in various places just in case.

"Okay. We need a plan fast." Diana acknowledged.

She looked at the pack house as if she was scanning through plans considering trial and errors. Right now, we sure don't have any time for errors.

"Got it." She said aloud.

"Genesis." She called. "I need you to help Octavia get to the office. Veronica isn't going to go inside because she needs the both of you in front of her so I will act as a diversion. I"ll distract them and lead most of them off while you two sneak through the sliding glass window in the kitchen."

I remember where it was from here, just around the back. There were few guards surrounding the back portion so this shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

"From then on, I need you all to call Alpha James and tell him where you are. The journey from here to there, in wolf form, may take about an hour and a half for him. Veronica is a crazy but smart woman, she might have some catastrophic shit up her sleeve." She finished the plan and waited with us for the right move.

Diana nodded and soon bolted towards the back of the pack house in wolf form snarling at the men and at Veronica who soon came running.

"Get that bitch!" I heard Veronica shout. The men guarding the back door ran after Diana and into the woods as planned.

"You ready?" Genesis asked me.

I felt adrenaline pumping surge throughout my body giving me a boost.

We can do this.

Genesis shifted into her wolf before I hopped on her back. She moved slowly for behind the building making sure not to attract any attention. All I feel right now is tension in the air. One wrong move and that's it, we could pay for a simple mistake with our lives and everyone else's