Light 14

Well, I called in sick. The director wasn't too happy though because she didn't have anyone to take my kids in so she had to do it.

Maddox burst out laughing after I told her my name excuse.

She asked me what was wrong and I said, *cough, cough* "I ate something last night and I've been throwing up in the middle of the night up until now. My stomach is flipping as we speak."

Mind you, while talking to her, Maddox was kissing and sucking my neck trying to get me caught up on the phone.

After hanging up Maddox and I went out to a local diner for some breakfast. We both shared some French toast and pancakes.

Maddox talked about his meetings and how boring they were and I laughed at the way he described the men.

"I mean the old dude looked like a hippie at the meeting. Who wears a tie-die shirt and wide leg jeans to a meeting? The man had his hair down with flowers in it." Maddox's was smiling ear to ear talking about a guy that looked silly while they had the conference.

I burst out laughing. "I wish I was there. Who all went with you?"

"Well, whenever we have these types of meetings I go to assist my friend who is more of an expert than I am. He's at the top and then next is me." He says.

Ok, I get it.

"How's that one bad kid in your class?" Maddox smirks knowing good and well I can't even stand that child. But recently he has been doing better with me.

"Well, he started participating more and he's being nicer to the other kids. I think his parents got on his case about him behavior." I say and eat some French toast.

"Oh, that's good. At least you enjoy your job. Mine gets annoying and I end up stressed out and just... aggravated. Sometimes my friend gets a little snappy at work and I understand where he's coming from." He says and sighs.

Aww poor thing. That's why I got a job with kids. Their innocence reminds you that there's some good in the world. Their untouched minds are fresh and full of life. I wish it was like that forever for everyone but sadly all the bad shit comes out and we have to learn the real ways of life.

I remember when there was a time that I didn't even know how to count pocket change but I sure knew how to make myself laugh with my childish emotions. Now, as well all grew up, we experienced pain and depressing moments that taught us lessons on how to better ourselves for the next day especially in this generation. Sadly, some people couldn't handle the depressing moments. I had a friend that went through a terrible heartbreak when I was back home. She was so damn sweet to everyone.

I mean her smile was so contagious and she always made sure that everyone was happy before she was. She met this boy who she loved so damn much that she'd lay on the train tracks for him without question. When she would explain why and how much she loved him, she'd cry. It is such a powerful and overwhelming feeling, love. It blinded her of all of his bad habits and the way he treated her was horrible. I'd see her smile dimming each day to the point where it looked like a grimace.

I tried to tell her that she should come to her senses and realize that he is wrong for her. One day I didn't see her at school. Then two days went by with me blowing up her phone and texting her friends. Then a week.

Unfortunately, I never forgot the day I seen her face again. It was on the news. She had killed herself. He pulled the last straw and she fucking killed herself. I cried so much and so hard I began to dry heave. My body was hurting but it couldn't compare to the pain I felt in my soul.

I witnessed a friend go from the most happy and loving person in the world to the most hurt and delicate person in the world.

The boy is now in prison serving life after the police found her suicide note blaming the boy.