Light 17

"We're here."

I look up from the seat only to have the wind sucked out of me. This house or mansion is gorgeous! It had a beautiful driveway and a flowers near the entrance to create a warm welcome for the visitors. That didn't do anything for me to feel warm though. I'm still scared like my guy I WAS JUST KIND OF KIDNAPPED!

Anyways, Maddox gets out of the truck and I see some guys emerge from the trees surrounding the house. Creepy and dramatic. Now, how cliche is it that the mansion is in the middle of the woods. Bitch, I could die and nobody would know.

The guys take Max away to some place behind the mansion and its just Maddox and I. I turn my head only to jump back startled. The man was right in front of me just staring. He's staring in my eyes looking for something. If it is fear then he isn't going to get it. I can't really find myself to be scared due to what he told me about coming here.

He said he has to explain something so I'll let him do that. I shut him out either. I arch my brow to catch his attention.

"Come on. I'll help you inside. I need you to see someone." With that being said, Maddox picked me up and carried me into the house. I should tell him that my knee isn't hurting anymore but I don't feel like walking right now. He carries me up the stairs and walks down a hall to a set of white double doors. The two men by the door gave Maddox a weird look and opened the door.

"Thank you." Maddox looked at me with a really look but I said it anyways. He didn't say thank you to the two guys.

Inside the office there's a man sitting at a light brown desk in front of a computer. He looks up at Maddox and smiles. Maddox sets me down on a small couch and remains standing. Aww man, I liked being carried around.

"Hey man, I didn't see you around here at all." They guy from the desk says and pulls Maddox into a bro hug. You know, the handshake and the unnecessarily hard slap on the back, yeah that one. My friend from high school used to make me so damn mad from that shit.

The guys name, from what I heard Maddox say was James. James and Maddox looked so damn different from each other but they act similar. I can see that they have a brotherly bond going on.

James had blonde hair that was shaved off on the sides leaving his long hair in the middle. Maddox had somewhat of the same cut. Matter of fact I see a lot of guys with the same haircut.

Anywho, James and Maddox both have a similar build. James also had blue eyes. Now don't get me wrong James is attractive but my taste is dark and handsome. I don't know why but I'm attracted to dark shades rather than light. No matter what I've always liked dark shades.

Maddox and James literally look like good vs evil. Maddox being the evil one with black hair and gray eyes and a bold sexy vibe. James had a friendly vibe but I know better than that. James looked like he could do some damage if he got pissed off enough.

Maddox turns and looks at me. James does the same.

"Ok, James. I need your help." Maddox says.

"With what?" James's eyes looked concerned for his best friend.

"Ok you remember the crazy ex I was telling you about?" Aww, Maddox talks about me with his best friend. That's so cute! It feels good to know that I'm talked about, in a good way hopefully. It makes me feel nice.

"Yeah... Aww shit please don't tell me you killed him!" James exclaimed waiting for Maddox to say something.

Maddox looked heavenwards and sighed aloud. "No, I didn't kill her ex." He draws a hand down his face.

I'm just enjoying this. Usually in a situation like this somebody would be freaking out but I find it quite funny. Two big muscular men are acting like little boys.

"Well, what the hell did you do?!" James throws his arms in the air.

"You might want to sit down for this one." Maddox sits on the couch where I am after lifting my feet into his lap. I hiss at the pain in my knee but it dulls when he rubs it.

I don't know why in the deep blue sea I'm so comfortable. I should be freaking out but I'm not! Max broke into my house, Maddox beat his ass, then his eyes turned black and now we're at his friend's huge mansion!

"Hey, James can you send in the doctor for Avi's knee?" Maddox asks.

James nods and the room falls silent.

Did he let the doctor know or are we just gonna knock on wood three times and they appear?

"We already did. I'll explain how." James says.

Yeah, I just said that out loud.

"Ok, well let's start." James motions his hand for Maddox to talk.

"Ok, as you already know, Octavia and I are working towards a relationship. And before all of this she was engaged to her boyfriend of six years. She left him after one night because he did some stupid shit and blah blah blah you know the other stuff. Anyways today after she got off from work I went to surprise her at her house. I walked inside and upstairs and I heard her and Max from outside."

He heard Max from outside?! How the he- ok let em calm down.

"Anyways I basically bust down the door and lost it on Max and Avi saw my eyes turn black and now we're here. Thank God that she's willing to listen to what we're about to say." He says. He seems really worried about my reaction to what this is leading up to.

James is silent for a few seconds and sighs. "Where is the infamous Max?" He asks.

Damn, he doesn't like him either.

"In the dungeons." Maddox says casually. Cold much. I didn't seem to care either. Max turned into an obsessed asshole. Whatever he gets isn't my concern anymore.

"Ok, Octavia?" James looks at me with a soft look. I turn towards him.

"I need you to listen very closely to what we're going to explain, ok?" I nod my head at James.

"Ok, have you ever read any fantasy books before?" James asks.

Is he- is he serious?

"Uhh, yeah..." I draw out.

"I'm talking about werewolf fantasies." James says.

Werewolf fantasi- why the fuck are we- NO! WAIT A MINUTE! Hold the hell on...