Light 24

"I was hooked on having her only to myself. Yeah I cheated, a lot actually. But she would never do it cause I knew her heart more than anyone. Even you." Max said.

This made Maddox chuckle. A dark one. "You didn't know shit about Octavia. You stalked her because you were selfish. You couldn't deal with the fact that her heart wasn't yours to claim anymore. I found her and when I saw her I was immediately drawn. She had me in a trance. Her confidence when she stepped into a building, how stoic her face looks when she's observing people, her walk, everything had me going. From the amount of time that I knew her, I learned that she is an amazing woman. She went through the death of her parents, your abusive ass behavior over the years, and when she finally has a chance of living a healthy happy life you took it from her." Maddox looked as if he could murder Max.

Every word hit Max with a bang. He sunk into his chair and he cried. Loud rough sobs wracked through his body and fat tears rolled down his cheeks. Maddox just looked with a disgusted expression.

"I didn't mean for her to die." He wheezed out.

"I just wanted to talk to her. I was angry and- and I sent her text messages and notes with picture of her- both of you guys. Then when she responded so calmly it pissed me off." He shook his head disappointed in himself.

To be honest, I see how his mind works. Max is selfish and he let his self consuming thoughts soar into his actions.

"I went and broke into her house. My true intent was to try and take her back to my house and break her. Those were all my angry thoughts. I wanted to scare her so bad that the thought of leaving me again would kill her. So I waited until she got home.