Light 44

We made it into the office without a hassle. Veronica didn't bother sending any guards inside the house so this was a piece of cake. Genesis shifted back into her human form while I was already behind Alpha Garrett's desk.

I picked up the phone and opened up the contact book next to it searching for Jame's office number. Knowing them, everyone is huddled inside his office trying to figure out where we are.

"Found it." I said aloud.

"Good. Now move."

I jumped causing the phone to drop and hang from the desk. Veronica was now in the office with a gun pointed to Genesis's head.

Shit. How the fuck did she figure out where we were?

"Move!" She yelled noticing I didn't budge.

I slowly moved from the desk not wanting any sudden moves allow her to pull the trigger.

I was finally in front of Genesis trying to offer some form of comfort while I was just as scared as she was. Diana hadn't made it back yet, which could mean two thing: she is dead or still fighting off the guards.

How did I not notice her coming in? Right when we were about to finish she came right in.

"If I see any sudden movements from either of you, I will blow miss Genesis's head into pieces." Veronica seethed jutting the gun further into the back of Genesis's head.

Fear for the both of us was coursing through my body. I felt the palms of my hands become sweaty as I saw a tear make a way down her face. We didn't have any more options. Even though Genesis trained for moments like this, she still froze and I could understand.  A gun being that close to your head and only having to think of how your existence could change within a second.

"You two have caused me so much fucking trouble. My window is now broken because of this mutt of a luna and my guards had to track you fuckers down all the way through the damn woods on foot. Now more than half of them are down because of your fucking friend and the damn pack warriors!" She yelled.

I kept flinching with every word she spat scared that she would accidentally pull the trigger on Genesis who was crying and form was shaking.

"I have spent so much time planning, executing, and actually trying to get somewhere and when I have almost made it," Veronica's gun was lowered down to her side as she became aggravated with explaining.

My head started to churn.

Her gun is lowered, now is your chance. I though to myself.

It was still at her side as her other hand rubbed her head trying to relieve whatever is going through her head.

My body reacted instantly. I found myself pushing Genesis out of the way and tackling Veronica to the ground immediately having her gun be thrown to the corner of the room.

My fists started to fly directly into her face one after the other in pure rage. No one threatens my friend. No one threatens my man. No one, definitely, threatens me.

All this time, it was Veronica. Everything was fucking Veronica! Blake has been dead for fucking years and this butch had planned all along to come through our pack and try to weave her way into our trust just to turn around try to have Maddox to herself. I should've seen it coming.

Threaten me, you get off with a warning. Threatens my friends and family, you get your ass whooped.

My punches kept coming as I watched, with pure joy, her head getting thrown back into the floor with each blow. Blood littered my knuckles and face as well as the floor but I couldnt seem to care. I wanted her to feel it. I wanted her to feel the pain for all the shit she put us through.

All to quickly, my blows seemed to have slowed down from so much exhaustion. Within a second she had my hands in her grasp before using her weight to flip me over. She straddled my waist and wrapped both hands around my neck cutting off my airway.

With the remaining strength I had I tried to fight her off and even stuck both my thumbs in her eyes. I heard myself gagging as my hearing started to become weak and vision blurry.

Suddenly, her weight was throttled off of my body. Rough coughs made their way up my throat while I leaned off to the side gasping for air. My hearing and vision were back to normal a few seconds later.

I heard grunts and screams on the side of me spotting Genesis fighting Veronica on the floor landing blows on each other. Punch after punch and kick after kick, Veronica seemed to get weaker. From the blood coming out of her nose from my punches she was honestly going to pass out. I watched as Veronica's body was bent over while Genesis sent her knee into her abdomen twice before gripping her hair and throttling her into a wall.

Meanwhile I crawled my way over to the gun on the floor and put it on one of my thigh straps.

"You are going to stop this." Genesis seethed at Veronica. "You have caused my friends, mate, and pack a lot of fucking stress because of your shit. I honestly believed that you were there to help us with our Blake problem, but to find out that he was actually dead and all you wanted was your ex back has put you on a side of me that I promised to never let come to light." Genesis said.

Veronica was now on the floor on all fours breathing harshly from the beating she received. Genesis stalked up to her tired body and grabbed a. Fist full of her hair yanking it up so she could see her battered face.

"The gun." Genesis said aloud.

I quickly got up and grabbed the handle of the gun pointing it at Veronica's head. I would've pulled the trigger if Genesis hadn't snatched it away and pointed it to her head as I did.

"Wh-"

"Look, I don't care how much you want to kill her. I will not let you, my best friend, have a body on her hands and watch you turn your heart dark. I'll do it."

The loud noise of the gunshot rang throughout the room before Veronica's body slumped to the side with a bullet in between her eyes.

She was dead.

"Nah, I'm not taking any chances." Genesis suddenly said.

I screamed in surprise as I watched her empty the barrel in Veronca's chest where her heart was. I was wide eyed feeling my heart pacing in my chest.

"What the fuck!" I yelled. "She was dead already." I said flailing my arms around in exaggeration.

She just shot her like a fucking rag doll. I'm still trying to calm the beating of my heart and the shaking of my hands.

"Look, I've seen too many movies where the villain gets up after a bullet to the head. I was only taking necessary precautions." Genesis said nonchalantly.

Her hand raised to her chin and stroked her imaginary beard. She turned to me, "Maybe we should cut her he-"

Okay, time to go. I grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the pack house as she laughed her way down.

Diana was waiting by the building we had been at before.

She trotted over to where we are in nothing but an oversized T-shirt with blood littering her arms, hands, and mouth.

I'd hate to be the one on the receiving end.

"Dead?" Diana asked us.

"Dead." Genesis and I said simultaneously. She was grinning while I on the other hand deadpanned at her expression.

"This woman shot her once in the head and then more in the chest after I was sure she was dead." I told Diana pointing at Genesis.

She just shrugged nonchalantly. "I would've done the same thing."

Genesis hoorays and slaps Diana's hand in a high five earning an eye roll.

I think we just made a new friend surprisingly over some crazy ass circumstances.

She's gone. Everything is over. Back to a peaceful life with your friends and mate. I thought smiling to myself.