Light 25

Maddox and James walked me back to the pack house after talking to Max. Genesis has been keeping me company ever since the two men walked back to the dungeons to I guess give Max his punishment.

"Hey, baby doll." Genesis called for my attention. She liked to call me baby doll because she said I have a baby face.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Don't worry about all of that. I know he did some horrible stuff but it's done now. The guys have it all taken care of. Now, let's talk about yesterday. How was the date?"

Ha! What date?

I immediately felt my cheeks and ears warm up. "Well?" She rushed.

"We didn't go." I simply said.

Genesis' head jerked to my view. "What the fuck, why?" She looked like she wanted to cut both Maddox and I''s head off. I mean her and I did spend some time at the mall and at the dress store for the date.

"Well, it was kind of my fault-"

"Dammit, Avi did you guys argue?" She asked.

Far from arguing, but there was screaming involved.

I felt my cheeks warm up again. "We were watching the movie last night before the date and I kind of, sorta, maybe turned him on in the theater and acted innocent." I slowly turned my head to Genesis.

And there she was, her jaw dropped and eyes holding amusement. She doubled over laughing her ass off and I joined in. She had this wheezing laugh that sounds like she has a kazoo in her throat.

I fell over off the couch laughing at her. My sides became so sour and my stomach started to hurt. It felt good to laugh like this especially after what happened with Max today. I needed a pick me up. I felt my eyes watering as I calmed down.

The front door of the pack house opening caught our attention. Maddox and James walked in and gave us a weird look. I was still on the floor and Genesis was laying sloppily on the couch.

"Glad you girls are having fun." James said. He smiled warmly at Genesis causing her to blush.

He then turned to Maddox and slapped a hand on his shoulder. "Well, I'm going to the office. You and Octavia can have the rest of the day to yourselves."

James waved at me. Genesis gave me a goodbye smile and walked of with James.

Now it was just me and Maddox. Neither of us said a word to each other. He probably was still mad over what Max had said to me.

~Flashback to two hours ago.

"Thank you for giving me answers." Maddox said. His lips curved up into a sinister smile.

Max gave a confused look. "What?" He asked.

"I said, thanks for giving me answers. We now have a confession from you." And with that he stood up from the table.

Max just looked dumbfounded at everything.

"Wait wha-"

"Octavia is alive. Her knee is better and she didn't get a head injury at all. I needed you to be vulnerable to spill everything out. I did a hell of a good job, don't you think?"

And that he did.

Max's face turned from confused to down right pissed. If looks could kill, Maddox would be dead right now.

"You fucking liar!" Max tried to lunge at Maddox but the chains attached to his cuffs wouldn't let him.

"She's going to be taken care of by me and her friends."