Light 40

"Aww, there they are." Veronica said sarcastically stepping into the room where Genesis and I laid.

Her heels clicked against the floor with each step closing the space between us. She stopped and looked down on us with a fake sad face.

"Is Genesis hurt? Poor baby. Maybe I should've told the guards when to stop."

My eyes widened as I felt the air around me shift.

"What did you just say?"

"Oh babe, you heard me. I had the guards beat her up. One, for trying so hard to fight me, two for being a bitch, and three--well, for being born." She shrugged nonchalantly flipping her hair.

Genesis was awake this whole time, plus the wounds are healing up well. Veronica won't see anything coming.

She was so anxious to gloat that she didn't take a longer second to actually look at Genesis.

I tapped her arm two times in a rhythm before watching her spring into action. Punches were sent to Veronica's face as blood littered the floor. The two women rolled around trying to get the best of each other. Meanwhile, I was looking for anything that will keep the door from closing so we could try to escape this place.

The door was stopped and soon enough Genesis came bolting out behind me with my hand in hers. The place was dimply lit and heavily guarded from all the footsteps we heard at the time. Genesis led the way as she could smell which door or window led outside. Turning different circles and dodging freaking bullets flying from the guards that were chasing us we ran up on a window.

Looking out I see that we're on the second floor.

"I have a plan, just trust me." Genesis said.

She stood back and dropped down on all fours. Dark gray fur began to sprout from her skin as her limbs turned into her wolf's legs.

"Um, what am I supposed to do?" I asked in a duh tone. The guards were approaching us and would be here in less than a minute and she wants to turn into her wolf...

She gave me a "really bitch" look before I saw her body lower to the ground and motion to her back.

She wants me to ge- you know what never mind.

I quickly hopped on her back wrapping arms around her neck and leaning down to avoid any impact.

Genesis backed up and I immediately felt like shitting myself. The guards along with Veronica and Theron were screaming and running towards us but they were too late. Feeling the air rush against my skin, her body charged head first shattering the window and landing on the grass towards the forest.

Alarms started to blare from a distance as we already have gotten far in a matter of seconds. Twisting and turning different trees and paths we didn't, know where we were. Right now, my trust is in Genesis and her nose.

"I think we lost them." I said. We've been running for what felt like half an hour and from he speed we were pretty far.

Her pace slowed down as we approached a river. I hopped down from her back and she went to drink the water.

My limbs were sore from trying to grip onto her fur especially my arms. I stretched a little bit and sat down next to her wolf.

We both knew that the rest was needed but we'd have to get a move on soon. With more running, I'd hope we'd at least get a clue of civilization somewhere. All I saw were more trees when we ran.

Her head nudged my shoulder before she kneeled down again. I climber her back and got into position before her body lurched ahead and ran.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————