Light

I need something. Something very important. I needed food. Like really really bad ... but I'm too comfortable to get up.

Max had his arms wrapped around me in bed. The sun's rays was beaming through the windows and the candles on the dresser were burned out.

Last night was amazing. Max took me on a date to an expensive restaurant and then came home and made love to me. I love Max and appreciate him so much.

Max is my fiancé right now and me and him plan to get married soon. I met Max when I was in high school going to college. Max being rich and all persuaded me to let him take care of me so I quit college and stayed with him.

Im 23 and he is 25. Before I quit college I was studying in the medical field trying to be a family doctor but with Max volunteering to take care of me and begging for months I decided to give in.

Max began stirring next to me and groaned.

"Hey, Octavia." He sat up and made his way into the bathroom.

I heard the shower turn and got up and walked my way to the closet. Usually after a night of making love to me he would wake up and give me a kiss on the forehead. But it stopped. He would also try to get me into the shower with him but that stopped a while ago as well. But you know sometimes things die out in a relationship.

After picking out a a gray halter top, black ripped jeans, and white huaraches I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

When Max got out of the shower he walked out of the bathroom. After taking care of myself I got dressed and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

Max's house is huge. Unnecessarily huge. He has 3 floors. On the 1st floor is the kitchen, dining room, tv room, and then a man cave.

The second floor is the bedrooms incase we have guests over. And the third floor has a gym that Max uses. He sometimes recommends that I workout with him to "drop a few pounds" as he says.

I like the extra weight I have. Its all in the right places for me. My hips, thighs, bottom, and a cute little tummy that pokes out a little bit. My mother always used to tell me "A dog goes for the bones but a wolf goes for the meat."

She had a similar figure as well and my dad loved it. She used to hate her body because he past boyfriends would shame her for being "fat". But when my dad swept in she said he made her feel love for her body. He praised it.

I should know... I kind of walked in on them once and never looked at them the same. Ew.

As I walk into the kitchen I make a pan of pancakes, eggs, sausages, and grits with cheese and sugar. Yes I put sugar in my grits. Sew me. Fight me. I don't care.

I fixed Max and I a plate and set it down for him.

I cut my pancakes and began eating them when Max came down into the kitchen.

He saw his plate and began eating and looked up at me and mine.

His face held a frown. I already knew what was coming. "Octavia, don't you think thats a little too much for you to be eating?"

I glared at him. "Get to the point Max." I kept eating anyways. Its not like I had high cholesterol or any heart or lung problems. I just have extra weight on me. Being "overweight" doesn't necessarily mean your unhealthy or dying. In my case it's genetics.

"Im just saying. You've been putting on a lot of weight lately and eating stuff like this will only make you bigger. I really would like for you to drop some pounds. If not then a lot." He looks at my bottom half with concern.

I drop my fork and stand. To be honest, even though I love my body so much his opinion mattered to me because he's my fiancé. But I know he shouldn't be looking or talking to me about it like this. There are better ways to approach me about my damn body.

"Or maybe you just need more muscle." I cross my arms and glare.

He knows I hate when he brings up my weight. I mean come on. Im like 5'2 and I weigh like 155 lbs. I don't need to lose any weight period. And if he doesn't like it then tough shit.

"Octavia I'm not playing. I don't want a wife that is unhealthy. Or fat. Lose the weight end of discussion." He grabs his plate and walk out of the house.

I hear his car start and he speeds off.

Releasing a heavy sigh. I cover my food and put it in the fridge. I would sulk around but that isn't in me. If he doesn't appreciate me for who or what I am then I'm out.

I really want to leave this house but where am I gonna go...

I could drive to the shopping places downtown to take my mind off things. I can go to a lingerie place and buy something nice. Make Max finally realize what he's been so blind to freaking see. Asshat.

I grab my keys and lock up the house. Going to the black ranger rover Max bought me and made my way into town.

I parked and walked up the street of women's clothing until I found a Victoria's Secret.

Walking inside I scanned the lingerie. Most were just... too damn complicated. All those strings and belts might get lost in my little tummy role.

Oh my goodness. Perfect. A black mesh robe with a fluffy thingy at the bottom of the robe and sleeves. I also see a two piece set that is see thru. Perfect for me since I have pierced nipples.

I'm set on grabbing it until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see who it is.

"Hi ma'am how are you?" A woman stands in front of me holding out her hand.

I shake it. "I'm good. Thank you, and you?"

She ignores my question. Now I didn't have a clue as to why she is here but the next thing that flew out of her mouth reminded me straight of Max.

"Um I was meaning to talk to you about your choice in lingerie. I don't think you want to buy this set." Her face has concerns written all over it. Not for me though but for whoever is going to see me in the lingerie.

But I am keeping my cool right now. I just want to see how big her balls are. "And why is that?" I shove my keys in my pocket and pull my pants up. I'm just getting ready guys.

"Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is, this piece isn't for someone with your body." Andddd she says it with a smile as if she's helping me.

I'm not gonna lie she's beautiful. Well she was... up until she opened her mouth.

I just turned around and picked it up anyways. Walking to the cashier I still heard the lady trying to call me but she quit after the third time.

I acted nonchalant towards the situation but thinking of Max really made me upset. Am I really ugly because of the extra weight?