Light 8

After a couple days went by I found myself standing in my house with the moving guys putting my furniture in different spots.

Fuck, I forgot to buy a tv and video games.

Anyways the guys finally left and I'm standing in the kitchen. A really empty kitchen.

I need to go out and get groceries with the money I have left. Max had about 1 or 2 million in the bag but I'm saving the rest for drastic measures.

And the job I got at the daycare is really nice. The kids love me and I love them right back. The other employees love me as well. It's kind of weird that they accepted me but the director of the daycare said that she was desperate for another employee since the number of kids increased.

I work on every weekday from 10am to 6pm. Basically all I do is give them breakfast, play with them, nap time, then snacks. After snack time they go to the playground for the remaining time until their parents pick them up.

Anywho, I'm going to go to the store and get groceries. I need help putting them away though. I'll call Maddox and see if he is close. Speaking of which, Maddox and I have gotten closer with each other. After that night with him I learned more about him too. He's a man that has been through a lot of heartbreak by a wretched woman he thought he loved him. He went through a little of anger for some time but after talking about it to his parents and friends he was better again. He also told me that if I ever need a shoulder to lean on or some help to always call him.

I really really like Maddox.

Maddox is so sweet and he is an amazing person. Its just that I'm not sure if I should move towards him because Max and I aren't engaged anymore. I took the ring to the pawn shop anyways. I got a lot of money out of that too. But back to what I was saying, I don't want to move too fast and then expect something big out of nothing. I'm going to go at a slow pace to see if he really is telling me the truth. I don't see a guy who is just going to fuck and dip. I don't deserve that.

I pull out my phone and call Maddox.

"Hello." Maddox said. I think he just woke up. It's like the middle of the day maybe it was a nap.

"Hey Maddox." I say and sit on the couch.

"Oh, hey Octavia. How are you?" He asks and pipes up.

"I'm doing good. I'm sorry it sounded like you were just sleeping. Should I call back or-"

"No, no! I mean no it's fine. Are you ok?" He says.

"Yeah I'm fine. I actually just moved into my house. I have to go to the store to get some groceries. I wanted to ask if you could help me?" I wait for his answer.

"Yes, of course! I'll get dressed. Can you send me your address, please?"

"Yeah I'll do that now. Thank you so much, Maddox."

"No problem beautiful. I'll see you then."

20 minutes later

I'm dressed in some pants I bought and a hoodie. Maddox is outside waiting for me by the passenger door.

"Hey Maddox." I say as he grabs my hand and hugs me.

His arms circle around my waist and mine wrap around his wide, broad shoulders.

In that short amount of time I felt his chest through his shirt and his abs. If I saw him shirtless one day I think I'd start humping him.

Anyways after me and him got to a Walmart we went through the produce aisles, bought food, plates, cups, silverware, a microwave, light bulbs, things for the bathrooms, some smell goods, and then some other time we're going to the mall together to shop.