Light 15

Welp, I'm at work now. Bored as hell and hungry as shit. I'm not even on my prime today at all and the kids noticed as well so they're taking it easy on me.

We're out in the playground waiting for the parents to come pick the rest of the kids up. All the other teachers are gone except for me, yippee!

Do you know how many times I almost fell asleep standing up? I almost busted my ass on this railing. I didn't get enough sleep last night because Maddox and I were talking all the way up to 3 am. I know that's like 5 hours of sleep but 8 hours isn't even enough for me.

I woke up so damn grouchy that I got mad at my sink this morning for being too loud. Maddox had went home afterwards saying his friend had an emergency and they needed to be on time in the morning.

And Max, well now it's been a little silent. I haven't seen any more of those folders or anything but that didn't stop me from being cautious about my surroundings.

"Octavia, Kayla is for dismissal." The director said on my ear piece.

Thank God, I can go home, shower, and sleep.

I walked Kayla upfront and bid the parent a goodbye. I head to the car and drive myself home.

Getting inside, I lock the front door and walk to my room. My stomach started to feel a little weird. It's not gas, it's like that weird feeling you get when something bad is going to happen.

As I went upstairs the feeling increased. So, I just went downstairs to the kitchen.

It was that same feeling I got about Max and the folder he left but this time the feeling was more intense. I went over to my knife drawer and picked up the biggest knife I could find.

I shoved it in my jeans on the side of my waist and the handle is in my bra strap. I continue to go upstairs and into my room. I shut the door and lock it just in case.

The eerie feeling increased as I went closer the to lamp and flicked the light on.

Light reached everywhere else but the corner of the room was dim. I did a quick survey of each corner before looking at the same one again.

There was a leg. Two of them hanging from the chair that the person was sitting on.

Maddox.

I took the knife from under my shirt and laid it on the edge of the bed.

"Maddox, if you don't get your ass out of the damn corner you almost scared the fuck out of me!" I yelled.

But he didn't move. He didn't even flinch when I yelled. Maddox would mock me with a high pitched voice or interrupt me with a kiss.

However, all the figure did was chuckle. And I knew who the hell it was in my house. Max.

I swiftly picked up the knife and got my phone out to shine the light. But I'm smarter that to do just that. I'm going to record what comes out of his fucking mouth.

I know he is going to slip up and say some bullshit because it's what Max does. He does that because he's cocky and thinks he can get away with a lot of shit. I don't know where the hell he gets his personality from but I'd like to think it isn't from his parents.

"Max get the fuck up!" I'm seething angry. I'm mad as hell. I'm fucking livid. This man is crazy as hell. I'm crazier... I will burn his ass alive if I have to.

This is exactly why I locked the door. I don't want him running from this ass whooping.

Max's body moves out of the dim corner and into the light.

I took a sharp breath at his face. He looked horrible. His eyes had dark rims around them, his cheeks were sunken in, and he was wearing all black clothes.

"You are a smart little lady." He laughs and tries to move closer to me but I put the knife up between us.

Yeah, fuck it I'm going to Maddox's house. Maybe stay over on weekend and come back home on weekdays.

"Don't. Just get out." I shake my head. I'm not even scared or mad anymore. I'm disappointed.

I gave this man my fucking heart, mind, body, and eventually my soul when we were going to get married. I put up with shit I promised myself not to ever go through. I cried myself to sleep when he would come in late cause I knew exactly what the hell he was doing.

The only thought that stopped me from leaving was that he would change for the better one day, that I could change him for the better. Possibly even help him better himself for the both of us to live happily with each other.

The feelings that I had for Max are gone. To be honest, they were long gone before I left him and that ugly ass house.

"No. I'm going to tell you something. You blocking my number was not a smart move. This guy you have now, he's just-" Max and I's head shifted to the noice behind the door.

It was the front door opening and closing.

Maddox.

I let him have a key made for himself after that night Max left the folder in my house. I told him I'd want him to have it and text me when he was on his way. I guess I didn't hear my phone go off.

"Who the fuck is that?" Max harshly whispered.

I didn't let my emotions show on my face. If I did I'd have a huge smile on my face because Max was going to get it from Maddox.

Fuck, I locked the door.

Smart move asshole!

Ok, maybe if I can just run to the door and pull it open before Max gets to me.

I examine our positions in the room. Good thing the bastard is far enough. I can make a sprint to the door an-

Nevermind... Maddox kicked the door in.

Strong and manly yesss lawd.

Maddox came in looking livid as hell. Jesus, he would put that mean grandmother on your dad's side of the family to shame.

His face held a hard malicious glare to Max. And Max looked as if he was trying to act tough but I saw the fear glowing in his eyes.

I put the knife on the bed. Maddox will get him. Maddox's body blocked the doorway- well what used to be a doorway, ready to pounce on Max.

In a swift movement Maddox grabbed Max and slammed him on the ground throwing punch after punch.

Max struggled to move his hands out of Maddox's grasp but he managed to land a punch on Maddox's jaw.

He didn't move. He didn't even flinch.

Maddox's hands froze but his face scrunched up in more anger. And his eyes... they were completely dilated.

They were black.