Light 36

"I am going to skin you alive." I sneered at Maddox watching as he put on his shirt.

Casually, he strolled around the room looking for pants to wear and socks.

So he's ignoring me? Oh, ok. Alright, that's fine.

I walked to the room door and closed it making sure to lock it.

He owes me an explanation after having me worry so much about where he's been. Like damn, I didn't see you when I woke up this morning and then I didn't see you until you showed up naked in the training fields around noon! I almost panicked when I didn't see him because we always wake up together to go eat breakfast then go about our days. I grew so damn attached that I can't even wait to see him again after using the bathroom...

"Umm, hello?!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

I earned a groan before meeting Maddox's face. H- he didn't look angry or irritated at all... he looked tired. Not "long day" tired but honestly tired with something that's been bothering him. It didn't take a hint to know exactly what it was either.

"C-can you just... hold me, please?" My body reacted before I could think quickly finding my way to Maddox's side and cuddled his head in my chest as we laid down.

Kissing his forehead repeatedly, I ran my fingers through his hair feeling his muscles relax above me.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked.

His eyebrows creased in worry. "No. I just want to be with you right now."

And that's what we did. I held him for hours on end getting up to only pee and get food for the both of us. Maddox remained the same for a while and it honestly was scaring me. I don't want to see him hurt at all. The thought of his being beaten or captured by Blake is so horrifying to me. I know it is dramatic, but I deeply deeply care about him more than I do myself.

I- I think I may be falling for him more than I've ever did with someone before. I know what they said about the mate bond but even if it wasn't there, I'd probably still feel the same way.

Maddox light snores pulled me out of my thoughts. Even now he still looks troubled. I just want to rid him of all the worry in the world but I know that is impossible.

It was only 9:30 right now and I am hungry as hell. I don't want to leave Maddox but the sooner I'm done getting food the sooner I am back up here with him.

Lightly shaking Maddox, his eyes slowly peeled open. Beautiful grays found their way to my eyes... adoration. That's what I saw. He stretched and came back down to hover over my body. His lips met my cheek and my mouth. "Thank you for everything. I'm sorry I acted like a punk back there. I'm just so frustrated and angry with everything that is happening. I don't want anyone getting hurt. Especially you." He came back down and this time surprised me.

Hungrily devouring my lips and skillfully using his tongue as his arms held me close to his hard chest. Just the feeling of his pecs against my breasts turns me on. This man is all mine.

The kiss was cut short as we both pulled away desperate for air. I came down from my little high and grabbed Maddox's face with both hands.

"Don't ever apologize for something like that. If it were me, I would be flipping shit all over the place. No, you weren't acting like a punk at all. You're just scared. It is okay to be scared but if you ever need space, just tell me. I was worried sick this morning because I didn't see you next to me. Next time, please just talk to me." I leaned in and placed a firm kiss on his lips.

"Okay, I will. I truly adore you. Just for that, I am taking you out tomorrow." His smile reached his eyes.

Finally getting from under Maddox I went downstairs to get dinner and came back up to our room. Maddox and I ate from the same plate and talked about random stuff. He even stole a couple of kisses and things almost got heated a few times. We would be talking about planets and boom he's kissing me and were grinding each other.

The night ended with laughs as he returned back to himself and I've never felt so accomplished in my life. Fuck it, I love him. I'm done trying to dodge it. Maddox is everything I have ever dreamed of in my entire life. No, our relationship will not and won't be perfect but I am completely fine with that. Nothing grows if the relationship is perfect. I want the arguments and the differences, I want to grow closer, I want the good and bad habits, I want the man and the wolf in my case, I want the drama, hell I want it all. As long as I have him at the end of the day, I'll put up with anything.

Morning came bursting through the window curtains. The sun's rays were gleaming on Maddox's arm that was wrapped around my waist. I was awake for a little bit. Okay, maybe an hour. I'm watching him sleep and he just looks so damn cute. He'd look cuter if he didn't look worried in his sleep though. I know Blake is getting to him I mean damn! Can't they just find him and like, kill him! I know that they are trying to do that but jeez I wish it was easy.

Maddox began to stir in his sleep as well as his eyes. Beautiful grays met my dark browns instantly. His eyes would dilate every time he looked at me and I know that mine do the same without fault. Butterflies began to seem like the norm to me every time he walked into the room, touched, or looked at me.

"Good morning ,beautiful." He said leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"Good morning, baby." I returned a heart warming smile. Maddox pulled me closer into his chest.

"We're going to be very busy today." He said smoothing the hair down on my head.

"Yeah, I know. I just want to get everything over with." I said holding Maddox tighter.

Today, the boys decided to form plans on how and when to get to Blake. James and Maddox, knowing good and well Genesis and I would love to beat Blake's face in, decided that the two of us would be at the pack house gathering everyone from around town who are in the pack underground. Turns out way before James's time, the previous alphas have built and added on to the underground safe house.

Everyone spends time refilling the food and drinks and other necessities we need from time to time.

Hopefully, we will never have to use it; but I already feel as if something is just lurking around the corner.