Light 41

"We need to find some place to take shelter." Genesis said as we walked through the woods.

We've been walking for a long time now which means we may have covered a lot of ground. The day was starting to turn into night by the colors in the sky.

Genesis had shifted back into her human form and I gave her my shirt to cover up since I had an undershirt on.

"We are in deep shit when we get home." Genesis said out loud.

"Damn right." I chuckled.

A few minutes later the it was dark. I couldn't see through the thick trees so Genesis held my hand and slightly walked in front to lead me.

The sounds in the forest had my skin prickling in goose bumps. I heard owls, crickets, sometimes little chirps as well. The reason why I'm so scared is because I couldn't make out what animal was making the sound sometimes.

I don't know what time it is either. I know the boys are worried about us at home. I miss them all. We have to get back to them before something happens to them, us, or worse the whole pack. Genesis is Luna and, from my understanding, an Alpha without his Luna is a ticking time bomb and other packs will probably prey on the pack since they don't have their overall mother figure to hold them all together. I can't imagine how Maddox feels. Just thinking about him made my heart clench with worry. I really hope he is okay. I know that when he gets sad or depressed he tends to miss out on his meals and just lays in bed or rip things apart.

I can't believe that all this time, Veronica was in on this whole thing. I should've been more smarter. Her appearance alone took us all by surprise. Me being Maddox's girlfriend and mate, I got hostile a little bit because she was the very woman that broke the man's heart. I should have paid more attention. After her little arrival we haven't really seen her around much.

Plus with the whole Blake news that came from her own mouth just set us all back and now look where we are. In the fucking woods running away from a groupie and a crazed ex girlfriend.

"Hey, I found a spot." Genesis pointed at the clearing ahead.

Joy swam through my veins as I spotted several lights through the trees. Finally, some city in this damn place.

Simultaneously, Genesis and I smiled and ran towards the lights.

————————————————————————

Currently, we're both trying to hide in the shadows of the street sneaking our way into a thrift store.

We shimmied through aisles grabbing and hiding clothes in our arms.

"Come on the dressing rooms are over here." We bolted to the stalls and quickly put on clean pants and a plain shirt.

We didn't want to be noticed so we grabbed things on clearance.

I also grabbed some slides since my shoes got lost while on Genesis's back.

Genesis emerged from the stall wearing a pair of leggings before handing me a pair of biker shorts.

"Just in case I have to shift again." The tags were all ripped off and soon enough we were back on the streets.

Currently I have no idea where we are. To me it seemed like we were walking around in a huge maze not knowing what the fuck to do.

"Dude, where the fuck are we?" I asked in aggravation. I just want to be back home. I want to be laid up under Maddox's warm body while watching a funny movie. I just want to be at peace. All the stress and pack drama that started recently can really take a toll on someone and I was only here for a couple months. I can't even imagine the stress a beta wolf has to put up with, hell not even the alpha. James and Maddox have seen it all I mean damn. Wars, casualties, family deaths, and pack deaths would make me so depressed. I really do salute them both and Trent. He has to deal with the wolves that act like they don't have any sense whatsoever.

"Hey." Genesis's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

Her hand was laying on my shoulder with a small smile on her face. "I wanna go home too. But first, we need to find out where we are and see if there is someone we know."

I nodded and we continued to walk around. The streets were a little busy but not too much. I would probably say it's about 1-ish in the morning.

"Wait!" My tracks stopped as Genesis pointed her nose in the air and sniffed. "A wolf!" She smiled with relief.

Up ahead was a woman with a quizative look on her face towards us. Genesis and I rushed over to her awkward form and smiled.

"Uhh, hello." She laughed awkwardly. She was about my heigh but a little taller. Looks like she's mixed with Black and Asian from her facial features. Her kids are gonna be freaking gorgeous. Her body was another subject, it looks as if she is a trained assassin or something. I can see the outline of her leg muscles from her skinny jeans.

If I was gay, I'd ravish this bitch.

"Hi, I know this is extremely weird right now, but we need help." Genesis said urgently.

She then pulled me into the front. "This is Octavia and I'm Genesis. We're from the Lenden pack, alpha James is my mate and she is the mate of Maddox Hendrix."

We all shook hands. "My name's Diana and I'm a pack warrior of Glenwood. I know I probably might regret this later since the last time we let someone in like this, there was a huge ambush waiting for us. Since you mentioned Alpha James though, I only have one question..." Diana squinted her eyes at Genesis.

She then stepped closer into her personal space and held eye contact. I understood that looking a wolf straight in the eyes, especially one with power, could end with either surrender or death.

"Are you really even a luna?" And she just did something worse, questioned the Genesis's title.

Genesis's irises flashed gold before she spoke in an animalistic voice. "Watch how you speak to me." She sneered. Diana's body trembled before she fell in a heap to the floor panting for air.

"Yup, definitely a luna. Great, you passed the test."

"What?" She calmed down causing her eyes to, well, be normal again. Yet she was just about as confused as I was. But, not only was I confused I was kind of bewildered. I was thinking there was going to be a brawl or something... oh well. Maybe next time.

"Our alpha makes us do this to identify wolves of power more accurately instead of sensation. If we can feel your power radiating off of you out of anger then we can most definitely conclude you are a wolf of power."

She got up from the floor and dusted her hands off.

"Follow me."