Light 33

"Hey, baby. I heard the noi-" And that's just what this needed, Maddox walking in only to see the ex that broke his heart glaring James.

In a fraction of a second his face contorted into one of anger and confusion. His body looked as if it was ready to kill her before he even though of it...

"What the fuck is she doing here?" He gritted through his teeth. I can already see the fight in his eyes trying to hold back Marcus. I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and directed his eyes to mine.

I didn't want a recap of what happened earlier anyways.

Veronica's attention was no longer on James but rather on Maddox and I. Her eyes raked over our positions with my hand now locked in his for comfort. To say she wasn't pleased would be an understatement. The woman looked appalled.

Finally her eyes met mine and I now know why, she wants Maddox. She cannot have him though, for he is mine and I am his whether she likes it or not. Maddox is damn well sure he doesn't want her either.

Veronica scanned over my body in distaste as if she was confused yet I scanned over hers in astonishment. The beautiful wavy blonde hair, hazel eyes, and toned body she had were beautiful. Her personality was the only shitty thing.

"That." She spoke. "That is what you went for? Pathetic." She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Although my mind is on over ride with the supermodel ex standing in the kitchen, I was quick with my comebacks.

"Actually, he likes all of it. He doesn't complain at all." I shrug nonchalantly watching her face contort into more disgust.

If only her face could get stuck like that...

Veronica went to say something but James stood between us. "Veronica, don't insult my beta female especially on my pack grounds. Avi, don't listen to shit she has to say."

I settled down, Maddox's touch was doing the trick. "I need all of you in my office. I'll call Genesis in."

Maddox led me in front of him to walk keeping space between Veronica and I. He must've sensed that I wanted to rip the bitch's tongue out...

Entering the office I sat on the same couch from day one with Maddox next to me. Veronica sat in the chair across from James's desk.

James sat down and once again silence filled the room. The air was thick with tension it was almost suffocating but I didn't fall into it... I was too angry and confused to do so. I mean what would you do if your man's ex popped up at a place you guys were living in? I mean yeah my circumstances are different considering he is a werewolf and a beta but still. Kinda the same, right?

"Fuck!" My hand found my chest squeezing my shirt from the scare I got from the door of James's office being slammed open. Maddox slightly jumped along with Veronica but James didn't seem phased and now I knew why.

Genesis stalked towards Veronica so quickly and almost wrapped her hand around the woman's neck but James was quick to catch her.

"Get the fuck off!" She struggled in James's arms to get loose and beat the woman not caring if she caused havoc in the process.

Maddox squeezed my hand as if telling me to calm her down and I obliged. I walked towards Genesis and wrapped my arms around her trying to calm her down and to block her view from Veronica. Hell, Genesis seems more pissed than I am. I know she sees Maddox as a brother and I felt a surge of pride for the way she would protect him.

"Genesis,I need you to calm down, okay? Please." I looked into her eyes seeing the rage slightly slipping away until her body stopped struggling and relaxed. I hugged her more now, I have a friend for life for sure.