Chapter 5: Her

" Okay. Now it's my turn." Kim excitingly said. Well, for the first time, Kim's excited. How funny. 

" This happened just two months ago, but I decided not to tell you guys." Kim looked at Yhan and I. 

" And why not?" Yhan asked with a raised eyebrow. 

" Because I don't want the two of you, especially YOU..." Kim glared at Yhan. "... to kill me with your heart-stopping pranks." she continued. 

Yep. She's right. It's fun scaring Kim. If she's scared, she would shout out funny confessions like " I don't want to die untouched." or " Please don't kill me. I still haven't kissed anyone yet." And believe me, it is funny. The most beautiful of the bunch, but the only one who doesn't have a boyfriend. One of life's mysteries. 

Kim's scared of everything. There was this one time I asked her why doesn't she have a boyfriend, and she just bluntly replied I don't want to get hurt. Seeing her friends get hurt and being the one to comfort them must've taken a toll on her. She's a man hater so to say. I don't know it myself but maybe, eventually, we'll find out. 

" I was walking home late at night from a friend's house." Kim started. " It was nine in the evening and everything was just pure eerie silence." she whispered. 

Yhan and I listened. 

" From my friend's house, I'd have to walk past that rumored house, you know. Where it's rumored to be haunted.

So I did just that. It was creepy believe me that I could almost feel that someone was definitely watching me from that house."

" You could almost feel that someone was watching you?" Yhan copied.

" I could almost feel that someone was watching me." Kim answered. 

" That was just one part though. Now the scary thing is..." Kim whispered again. This time, I could barely make out what she was saying. Yhan and I leaned over just to hear her voice. God, this is getting intense.

"... when I looked up the second floor window, I saw her."

" What? You saw what now?" I asked. Wow. I was really getting into the story.

" Her." Kim answered. " You know, her!"

" Who?" Yhan asked, confused. Okay. This is getting out of hand. 

" The woman who was rumored to have lived there a century ago." she quickly explained. 

Yhan and I exchanged glances with confusion written all over our faces. 

 Kim snorted and continued. " Anyway, I saw her. Mrs. Josephine Walter." This time, when I heard the name, my hair stood at its end and I was getting goosebumps. And I don't even freaking know why.

I looked at Kim. Her beautiful face has been dimly lit. The orange glow from the candle in front of her, made her look old and frail. She looked at me seriously, and then to Yhan, and then back at me and finally continued.

" The woman who was murdered by her own husband."