Chapter 55: Inside

I dozed off. It was that time of the day wherein I would be dreaming of being chased down in the woods or I'd see visions from the past. I practically got used to both of which. Hoorah. What joy. And yes, that was with sarcasm. 

I was standing in Alfred's doorway. We left the house securely locked but this time, I was inside. Everything seemed to be hazy as I made my way past the living room and the kitchen. 

" Hello?" I called out. 

Silence greeted me in response.

I jolted when I heard steps running on the second floor. 

" W-Who's there?" I again called out. No response. I slowly started towards the staircase, holding the railings as I go. " Is anybody there?"

There was no one in sight. The whole house seemed to be dimly lit. I stopped when I heard a giggle behind me. I turned around and saw them. The twins. They were holding hands like what I heard from Yhan's urban legend. They looked at me with such empty eyes. Like they were saddened to the fact that they didn't get to live as much. That their lives ended in a pretty horrible way. 

Wait. 

They looked familiar. 

Andy? And his twin sister. 

They're Josephine's children. 

They both pointed at something behind me. I turned around and found nothing.I looked back at them, but they were already long gone. 

I continued my way up the stairs, thinking back of where they were pointing at. And what?

I was now in the house's second floor hallway. I looked to the left but there was nothing unusual. Same with my right. And that's when I heard a creaking sound from one of the rooms. 

The creaking sound grew louder to each step I make as I headed for right. As I neared their room, the room that once belonged to Yhan and Alfred, that's when the creaking grew clearer and louder. It's coming from in here, I thought to myself. I reached for the door knob and slowly turned it open. 

I went inside the room and found nothing out of place. I scanned the room slowly for any paranormal activity, and waited, but nothing happened. The creaking continued. I focused my hearing and it seemed to be coming from their closet. 

Closet.

Go figure. 

With my right hand reaching out the closet's knob, I slowly headed for it. Something in there was making the creaking sounds and I needed to know what was making it. I needed to know. The coldness of the closet's knob sent me shivers down my spine. I slowly turned the knob clockwise and the closet's door swung eerily open. 

 My eyes widened in fear when I saw what was inside.