Chapter 16: Tick Tock

The three of us were in their room, together in one bed. It's like bringing "sleepovers" to a whole new level. Three young adults, all in one bed. How funny. Yhan was in the middle, Kim and I were at the sides. If Yhan would do something rash, at least one of use would wake up to it. 

I'm staring at the ceiling. I guess Kim's sleeping and Yhan drifted away. All that worry must have exhausted her. It was eleven. Silence covers the room. I could hear a clock ticking somewhere. It's relaxing. 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock. 

The clock's ticking echoed throughout the room. It really IS relaxing. 

I looked at my right side and saw Kim's back and Yhan's face. They're sleeping peacefully aside from all the drama we are having. They can sleep. CAN. While, I can not. 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

It is not that I can't sleep but it's the fact I'm afraid to. I don't want to have that nightmare again. That fucking nightmare that haunted most of my childhood. My father had a hard time putting me back to sleep when I was a child. I keep waking up to it, shouting. And my parents would come rushing into the room to check if I was okay. And I did it every night ever since my experience in the lake.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

 And now that I was starting to think that it was all over... That it was just in the past and I need to put it all behind me, here it comes again. To remind me of my fears. It's haunting me once again. And I know it's not going to stop.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Not unless I do something. 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock. 

You know what we want."  Fuck that bullshit. I know what they want? I haven't even got a fucking clue what they're after and now they're telling me that I know what they want? This is crap!

Tick. 

Tock.

Tick. 

Tock.

Who the fuck is them anyway?

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The room was getting cold. It must because of the night. Stop being a paranoid Mau. You're here with them. You're safe. 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

You. Are. Safe.

Tick. 

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Wow. My eyes are getting heavy.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

I'm sleepy.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Everything around me was starting to get cloudy and black. I scanned the dark room and saw the door slightly ajar. I'm sure Kim locked the door. I saw her locked it. There's someone at the door looking at us. I couldn't make out who it was but it's looking at us.

 Alfred?  Is that you? 

And then everything around me went black.