Chapter 8: Live

It was starting to rain as I ran towards the end of the precipice. I have lost hope. No one's going to save me. No one. I am going to die soon. I tried to catch my breath. This is the end of me. No one will come and try to save me. I stepped at the edge of the precipice. But it was already too late. 

I felt his hands on my throat once again. He's here. Behind me. And I didn't even try to escape. I just want this to end. I just want everything to end. I don't want to suffer anymore. I don't want to live anymore. No one's trying to save me. No one. 

The pain. The excruciating pain. I tried to gasped for air but none came. I can't breathe. I can't breathe! Everything around me is getting blurry and hazy. I can see black spots forming. This is it. 

But I want to live. 

I tossed and turned. The part of the bed where I was in was now soaking with sweat. I want to live. 

"-u!"

I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Somebody, please help me!

"-au!" 

Anyone. Please help me. I want to live. I want to live! I want to be free!

" Mau!" 

I opened my eyes. I'm in the guest room. I touched my throat. No pain. It was just a dream. But it seemed so real. I turned to my right, and Kim was there with a worried face. Her left jaw had small scratch marks on it. It was barely visible. I could feel myself shivering. 

" A-Are you okay?" Kim stuttered. " I tried waking you up but you wouldn't budge."

I lost the ability to speak. I was afraid. Scared. I don't even want to hear my own voice.

" You were having a nightmare." Kim was about to lay her hand on my arm when I flinched. I don't want anyone touching me. I feel so suffocated. 

" D-Do you want to drink water?" Kim offered. I nodded, still in shock. 

I heard steps in the hallway. Alfred opened the door and Yhan was just behind him. 

" Everything okay? We heard screaming." Alfred looked at Kim and then at me. There was silence. Kim looked at me and back at them. She got out from bed and went out of the room in silence. Alfred and Yhan looked at her as she went out of the room. She's probably going to get me a glass of water. And what happened to me hasn't sinked in to her yet. 

Alfred and Yhan looked back at me and they just stood there in silence. I didn't dare mutter a word. I didn't want to hear my voice. I have never been so scared my entire life. 

" Mau." Yhan broke the silence. 

I looked at Yhan and at that moment, I began to cry.