Chapter 65: Thoughts

I squinted at the sudden blare. There were blinding flashes of light everywhere. My eyes were still adjusting to the scene as I tried to cover my eyes with best effort as possible. I caught a glimpse of Yhan doing the same. Shielding our eyes was our only option here. 

" Put your hands in the air where I can see them!"

Before my eyes could even adjust to the scene, my arms were pulled behind me. I groaned at the pain at the sudden movement of my arms. I felt cold metal digged onto my wrists and the rattling sound of something familiar. The latching was audible and clear. I was being handcuffed.

" Hey!" I screamed. 

" You have the right to remain silent, Ma'am." the officer behind me replied. Her voice brought familiarity into my ear drums. I had met her somewhere before. The officer tugged me up and I stood quickly, not wanting any more pain. The female officer, back in Thomas Garner's home, was up and behind me.

" You..." I mouthed. " What did we do?" I asked in a panic. 

" You have the right to remain silent." she repeated. " Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you." she said, flatly.

I clenched my teeth. I turned around to check Yhan. But she was treated differently. She was lying on a stretcher. One man placed an oxygen mask over her head.Two or three healthcare workers were around her, passing medical paraphernalia as they did. Yhan reached out her hand to me. My brows creased in worry when my sight was being blocked by two more healthcare workers.

We exited the study room and descended the stairs. We walked in silence until we exited the house.

Police cars greeted us outside. The red and blue lights made me squint as my vision was still adjusting to the playing colors. I couldn't see Mac's elantra anywhere. He must have escaped. Either that or he was already put in jail.

" Get a move on." Officer Reyes demanded as she shoved me. I clenched my teeth. Whatever was happening, I would find a way out. I would find Kim. Or if it's not possible, I would avenge her. She didn't deserve her death. Alfred, Thomas and Kim didn't deserve any of these. Things couldn't go any worse than it already was. 

" I... I need a lawyer." I managed to whisper, thoughts still running in my mind.

The female officer eyed me and then nodded, assisting me in getting inside the police car. I got in quietly. And as we drove away from the house, I kept thinking of my friends.