Chapter 32: Yes

I shut my eyes as best as I could. It hurt but I definitely didn't want to look from whereever it came from. I didn't care if it was Mac pulling a fast prank on us, I didn't even care if there were gigantic rats that made those sounds; all I hoped for was for it not to be paranormal. 

Ever heard of stories about ghosts knocking? I've watched Ghost Adventures countless of times so I knew what this was all about. One knock for yes; two knocks for no. And we heard the former. Did that ring a bell?

Please feel welcomed in our circle and join us when you're ready."

I was having the cold sweat of my life. I wanted to tighten my grip on his hand, telling him to stop but that would be karma folded seven billion times for my part. This was a frail old man, and I was being a pussy. I guess the former beat the odds, and well, I decided not to.

The temperature was starting to drop. Temperatures dropping in rooms with perfectly maintained heaters was a sure sign of the paranormal. Based on experience, that I could tell.

My eyes still shut, I could feel Kim's shuffling. She was as scared as I was and I tightened my grip on her hand, to tell her that everything's going to be okay. She understood and calmed down. 

" Is there anyone with us right now?"

Silence. 

I opened my eyes, not being able to control my fear of the unseen and scanned the room quickly. Mac was still sitting on one of the stair's steps feeling uneasy and Kim and Yhan had their eyes opened for a while now and I felt betrayed. But that didn't matter right now. What mattered was, the atmosphere was starting to get suffocating. 

" Is there anyone with us right now?" Sir repeated. " One knock for yes; two knocks for no." he continued.

I knew he'd say that. 

I kept repeating the words Please don't respond again and again in my mind and gave a little prayer of protection for me and my friends. The heavy feeling in my stomach worsened. I wanted to vomit. I wanted to puke out the bacon I had for breakfast. I felt so sick. 

Knock. 

All of us stopped. Our muscles tensed as we heard the audible knock from somewhere in this room. It wasn't Mac. It wasn't Kim nor Yhan nor Sir.

Nor me.

Once.

It was clearly a yes