Chapter 54: Forgotten

As we drove through the highway, Mac said that the body had hung there for two days based on what the police had told him. The decaying stench explained it all. Two days ago, he was alive and kicking. And two days ago, Mac paid him a visit for the keys. Just two days ago. 

But why? Why had he killed himself? 

I was dragged through a wall and into a hidden study room. Yhan and Kim searched for me high and low but they hadn't found me anywhere. They would run past the Master's bedroom often, but they were sure that the dresser was where it was. Unmoved. When Mac barged in bringing keys and telling them about a dresser, they both looked at each other and told him it was in the Master's bedroom's. And that's how they basically found me two days ago.

So many strange things have been happening to me and my friends. And truth to be told, I wanted our normal lives back. A life facing the computer whole day long. A life where there wasn't any mystery solving and the sort. 

I wanted answers. And I swear to God I would have them. 

" Do you think the old man was really  Thomas Garner?" Kim asked behind Mac. Mac took a quick right turn and I then answered her question. 

" Maybe. I'm not so sure myself." I looked front. " He was 91 years old. Legit enough, I guess."

" Please. There are lots of Thomas Garners everywhere in U.S.A." Yhan said with a mocking tone. " Even in the world."

She was right. We shouldn't be jumping into conclusions. Not yet, anyways. 

" I agree. The year they lived in was 1909. We don't know how old they were back then when the murders happened." I said as I looked back at them. 

Kim paused and looked at me. She shrugged her shoulders." Yeah, you're right. There's no way in hell that Thomas Garner who hung himself is the same Thomas Garner back in 1909. Thomas back in 1909 would be dead right now." 

I sighed. There were so many flaws. So many questions unanswered. I didn't know what to do anymore. 

" If Alfred was here, he would have found the answers we needed. He was always good when it comes to mysteries and stuff. He sometimes would call himself as the new Sherlock Holmes." Yhan said with a small smile. 

There was a long silence in the car. We were too embarassed to speak. Hearing Yhan used past tense to describe her love had hurt me. 

I covered my mouth from letting out a whimper as tears came flowing down my cheeks. The guilt was overwhelming. Conscience, even more so. 

Mac drove silently as he listened to my silent sobs.

I had forgotten about Alfred.