Chapter 59: Return

We headed back to the house. Yhan and I were thinking the same thing over and over again. Alfred was not that kind of guy to kill himself out of nothing. He was too smart. And maybe, that also applied to Thomas Garner as well. Someone's been pulling the strings. 

With the Oujia board under my arm, we walked on the graveled yard. We were back here. The red Victorian house seemed to have gotten larger since we last went here. That, or it was just my overactive imagination. 

" I can't believe we're back here." Kim chimed from behind us. " After all that shit. We barely even made it out alive at all."

She was right. I shook the thoughts out of my head. Being strangled by an unseen force wasn't really that of a good memory.

" We'd have to get answers. I don't want them to take one more soul." I looked at Mac as I said that. Mac bobbed his brows and gave me a weary smile. I didn't smile back. 

" Okay. Mac will be waiting for us outside in case this goes shitty." Yhan said. " We're going to keep the door open. Every doors, every openings, open." Kim and I nodded.

Earlier, we consulted Yhan's grandfather. Revealing some truth into the matter would require a small sacrifice. A vessel. Sir said it was the only way. Since I was the one having those premonition dreams, I would be fit for the job. I didn't have any choice. Like I had any to even begin with so I agreed. 

We would be conducting a seance inside the house itself. The house that once belonged to the Walters. I would be laid to sleep and if what Sir predicted would be true, then scenes or memories of it would come playing in my mind. I was scared, I'd have to be honest about that. But I wanted everything to end. Now that we have gotten ourselves really deep into this matter, this was important to us. 

We opened the door. When we last went here, we stormed out of the house not minding the door if it was unlocked or locked at all. I didn't care if this was private property. It felt like this was abandoned ages ago for it to be private property. And if what I was thinking would be right, Thomas Garner was the only one to pay constant visits to this place. 

So that really made this house even more than abandoned. 

We were inside the house now. Mac dragged a chair, blocking the door if it got closed by something. It was a perfect idea. We wouldn't want to be trapped here the second time around. 

Mac took a step outside. 

He eyed the three of us like we were about to depart in a long flight. " You guys all set?" 

We looked at each other and back to him. " We're all set." Yhan answered for us. 

Mac smiled at us. " Please, you guys. Be careful. I'll be outside so I'll call for help if something happens." 

The three of us nodded. " Thanks." I smiled, my lips thin. 

He smiled back and headed for the car. We watched him got into the safety of his car before looking at each other. 

" Where would be the perfect spot for the seance?" Yhan asked. 

" The Master's bedroom?" Kim replied. 

I looked down, thinking. " No."

They both looked at me.

I looked back at them.

" The study room." I said as I dangled the keys.